• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Couple Knives

Started by Huntinbull, October 15, 2010, 09:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huntinbull

Because I teach Hunter Education, I get a discount at Outdoor Edge cutlery. Even without the discount, these two knives i got are worth the price plus.

The first is the Swing-Blaze. Check it out on their website. Basically a fixed blade skinner, but the blade isn't fixed. The tang of the knife is also a blade. by pushing a locking button in the handle you can rotate the blades on the pivot. the second blade is a gutting blade. this system is so SLICK. Better than a gut-hook, this gutting blade doesnt cut any hair.

the second is the flip and zip. Made by the same company it is very similar. Only instead of being a fixed type skinner, it is a folding lockback skinner with the same gutting blade as a second blade. Havent used the folder yet, but the swing-blaze works like a champ. Check it out.

www.outdooredge.com
Huntinbull
Huntinbull

Christian Outdoorsman. Certified Ohio Hunter Ed and Trapper Ed Instructor.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Huntinbull on October 15, 2010, 09:50:35 PM
Because I teach Hunter Education, I get a discount at Outdoor Edge cutlery. Even without the discount, these two knives i got are worth the price plus.
www.outdooredge.com
Huntinbull

Would you care to share a little bit more information (email or PM is fine) about the amount of discount and if you have any other sources?  I just got finished helping with my first course and am looking for sources for hunting items to have for everyone or for a couple of drawings.  This last one we gave everyone a Hunter Orange hat which we bought at Cabela's.

Thanks,

Jerry

FinsnFur

Curiosity got the best of me so I had to take the time to go look these two knives up.
Plus the topic seemed kinda blaaaaaaa without any pics. So I took the liberty of bringing a couple back with me. :biggrin:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jeb