• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Amanda took me Elk hunting.

Started by pitw, December 08, 2010, 04:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alscalls

Quote from: pitw on December 08, 2010, 10:12:00 PM
Todd around me if you are big enough to pull the trigger your dang well big enough to clean the kill. :holdon:
Jim I put that up after she left but I think I'll maybe send her a link now so the mad on wears off :eyebrow:.
Al I think your closer too.

Looks like she cut the right front shank while skinning.........  :nofgr:   My wife says that gets hair in the burger.........  :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

I never got a picture like this yesterday.

But I'm sure the same thought was going through her mind :laf: :laf:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Barry,

Not trying to be funny for a change, but have a question.  What are the requirements for a license there in Canada?  Is there an age requirement?  We have seen pictures of Mandy with a moose and an elk, but the boys are limited to coyotes and small game.  Is there an age requirement for big game?

Jerry

edit:  Was the picture above of the moose?  The snow is missing.

pitw

Jerry 12 is the age requirement and Mandy is over double that now :eyebrownod:.  Bobby has been out hunting for his white tail this fall but hasn't fired a shot yet because he hasn't felt that the right one presented itself yet.  I had to laugh the other night while transporting him and his curling team to another town for a game as they were discussing hunting.  The other boys were harassing Bob cause he hasn't shot one yet and he finally said, "I don't got window scars on my gun either". :yoyo:  Bob wants to get his deer his way and that means by being out in the bush on foot and if he doesn't get one that's fine with me cause at least he is one hunter I can talk to about what we saw and heard and whats on the radio isn't part of it. :readthis:  Mandy got lucky in that we ended up with a herd of Elk headed right to where she headed yesterday but we hunted hard for her moose this year and she came up empty on the game pole but filled the memory bank right to the top with critters and neat stuff seen ;yes;.

pitw

Jerry 12 is the age requirement and Mandy is over double that now :eyebrownod:.  Bobby has been out hunting for his white tail this fall but hasn't fired a shot yet because he hasn't felt that the right one presented itself yet.  I had to laugh the other night while transporting him and his curling team to another town for a game as they were discussing hunting.  The other boys were harassing Bob cause he hasn't shot one yet and he finally said, "I don't got window scars on my gun either". :yoyo:  Bob wants to get his deer his way and that means by being out in the bush on foot and if he doesn't get one that's fine with me cause at least he is one hunter I can talk to about what we saw and heard and whats on the radio isn't part of it. :readthis:  Mandy got lucky in that we ended up with a herd of Elk headed right to where she headed yesterday but we hunted hard for her moose this year and she came up empty on the game pole but filled the memory bank right to the top with critters and neat stuff seen ;yes;.

The moose was from a few years ago but the look on her face and the hand up told a story just like yesterdays.

pitw

HaMeR

Congratulations Mandy on a fine looking Elk!!  :yoyo: :yoyo: 

I can see where being creative would be the way to go on loading those critters Barry.  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Carolina Coyote

Great story Barry and Congratulations to Mandy on the Cow, Should be some good eating there. cc

pitw

Mandy here.

Thanks everyone! It sure was nice to fill one of my two tags this year.

Barry's hat didn't go flying off but he sure did get hit in the arm for that comment. lol

Yes, New Zealand is know for the big stag deer but I am not going to be hunting when I am there. I am going for a vacation to see friends and tour the country. Also to get out of the cold weather here for a little bit. Got 16 days to go!

Hawks Feather

Mandy,

Good to hear from you and when Barry's arm starts to bruise where you hit him, just poke it a few times as a "gentle" reminder.

Your trip sounds like a really good time.  Becky and I always wanted to visit Australia or New Zealand, but I don't see that happening.  So take some pictures and post them up when you get back. 

Jerry

FOsteology

Congrats again Mandy, and yes, please do take lots of pictures of New Zealand to share with us!

FinsnFur

She must have walloped him a good one while he was hitting the submit button on that last post cause he done hit it twice  :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

lacie23

Great job Mandy !!  Those elk sure are a lot bigger than our deer. Hope you have a great time in New Zealand. !!!