Started by HuntnCarve, December 07, 2010, 03:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vvarmitr

WTG Dave!  :congrats:

That buck sure looks like he has some Ohio genetics in him.  :innocentwhistle:
:laf:

HuntnCarve

Here's another view.

(Above)  Me and my buck, Jeff, and Dave with his three does.  There's a small doe along side my buck (five deer in the photo).  As I was waiting for the drive to begin, I heard a faint rustling in the leaves behind the stand.  Turned and saw a small doe sneaking through.  Bang! DRT!  Hop down, quickly tag her, then hop back into the stand.  Little did I realize I was only minutes away from a nice buck!  That's the rest of the story. LOL!

FOs, here's my bolt action Savage 210F slug gun.  I have a Bushnell Turkey scope on it.  It's very accurate.  I've killed my two biggest bucks with it.  Down at Dave's place of course! LOL!  -What did I say about having a good friend. :wink:
As for the buck.  I'm just going to cut off the skull cap, boil it off, and mount it on a plaque. 

Thanks everyone for the kind words. 

Dave

pitw

Interesting that it took dave to get Dave to tell about shooting an extra one eh. :biggrin:
I say what I think not think what I say.

HuntnCarve

I'm just modest Barry.  :laf:  Don't like to brag... :alscalls:
Meantime, I tried to return the favor yesterday.  Jeff and I drove a real nice buck towards Dave and another friend Tom.  The buck stopped 25 yards from Tom, just obscured by some brush (have to use a crossbow, or bow in that area).  Buck ended up winding Tom and cut back into the drive.  I jumped him standing in a creek, and bounced him back towards those guys.  The buck ended up slipping out a back door?  Probably across the highway?  -They don't get big by being dumb!   :laf:  My buddy Dave will fill his Buck tag sooner or later. 

HaMeR

Going back to drive is the best thing about hunting where I do now Dave. Everybody helps everybody no matter what. Guys jump outta the tree stands to come help load a deer into the back of a Ranger.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

Quote from: HaMeR on December 08, 2010, 08:19:13 AM
Going back to drive is the best thing about hunting where I do now Dave. Everybody helps everybody no matter what. Guys jump outta the tree stands to come help load a deer into the back of a Ranger.  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Well then Glen get up here cause the Mandy shot the biggest dang cow elk in the herd. :doh2:
I say what I think not think what I say.

HaMeR

:laf: :laf: Im thinking you might have it dressed & quartered by the time I get there Barry. Heck you'll probably already have had Elk for supper a time or two. But I'll bring Art along just in case there's enough work left for the two of us.  :laf: :laf:

BTW-- You know the rules about pics right??  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FOsteology

I was aware of the Tar-Hunt bolt action slug guns, but wasn't aware anyone else produced them. Pretty kewl!  :biggrin:

Dave

Here are a few more

Now without the noise

HaMeR

I don't care how many pics you put up of this one Dave!! He's still a nice buck!!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

:eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HaMeR

I was beginning to wonder if the directions I gave him were bad Dave!!  :whew:  I told him if he hung around here too long that Diane would be by with the crossbow. He just gave me those  :sad: & kinda pawed at the leaves a little. Well I just couldn't stand the thought of this magnificent creature living out his final days with these thoughts of him knowing he may not get the opportunity to breed again so I asked him if he wanted directions to a safer place. He eagerly accepted my offer of help & he quickly cleared the leaves so I could draw him a map on the barren forest floor. He was a bit confused at 1st,, he wasn't sure about getting around Pittsburgh,, but I assured him if he veered a tad to the South he would miss a lot of the deer traffic during drive rush hour & soon regian his bearings before he got lost. He seemed a lot  :biggrin: now. So I just kept an eye on the stars each night after that & I could see the glow slowly dying as it went further East. Finally one night around Dec 7th it wasn't there anymore.  :sad:  That was when I realized that he had made the journey to your neck of the woods & that you could shoot things bigger than groundhogs.  :doh2: I sure hope it was a good trip for him as I sent him along the scenic route. Sorry it took him so long to get there but I don't have any control over how fast he drives travels.

Diane said Congratulations as well. She also said if he woulda walked in front of her she woulda let a bolt fly on him too.  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

lacie23

Wow ! That is a big buck ! Good job !

HuntnCarve

Thanks everyone!  HaMer, if you wouldn't mind?  My son will be home and we'll hopefully be doing a hunt after Christmas when the Winter archery season opens up.  So if you could start another buck on it's way.  I'm sure the kid would be appreciative.  :laf:

HaMeR

:laf: :laf:  I'll see what I can do for him Dave!! I think I'm lucky that I got at least one to set down & listen tho.  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11