• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Youths First Deer!!!

Started by Biscuit, October 09, 2011, 08:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biscuit

Just thought i would share a special moment with you guys that i had the pleasure of enjoying. I meet a guy that was on KY Hunting and had asked for a place to take his kid on a youth hunt. This was his sons 3rd year hunting and they had never seen a deer while on stand. And only having 5 acres that a friend had to hunt his odds aint what you would call the best. Reason he had asked was because someone else had offered up there farm 2 weeks before season. So he made the post hoping that this fellow would respond. Instead all he got was a tounge lashing from some of the forum leaders :innocentwhistle: After reading his post i contacted him and offered up my place. And for never meeting him i had no idea what to expect.

On opening morning we meet up at the Mcdonalds and headed out to the shoot house we had overlooking a food plot situated on 30 acres. While sitting there waiting for it to get daylight i had enough time to get to know these fine people and to realize they didnt come from the finer things in life. The boys dad had really never done no deer hunting and for not seeing a deer for 3 years, this little fellow was fired up. About 15 minutes after breaking daylight i see a doe easing out of the woods to our left making her way to the corn field. When i made it known to the the boy that i see a deer i thought he was going to tear the shoothouse down trying to get a look see. I made him wait and practice aiming behind her shoulder and act like he was squeezing the trigger for a few minutes. After letting his breathing calm down i give him the go ahead and he made a perfect shot, she dropped right in her tracks!! Guys im here to tell you there has never been three happier people in a shoothouse after that shot. Ive killed alot of deer and some big deer, but watching him kill his first was a different expierience for me. Not to mention a dad with some tear filled eyes and a boy i don't think will ever lose that smile. I can only wait until my daughter is that age and get to expierience it all over again.

Okanagan

Good for you!  That is a GREAT story!

iahntr

A great experience !
Very cool !!    :highclap: :highclap:
Scott

weedwalker

Good of you Biscuit to take 'em in on your place. :yoyo: And great that he got his 1st deer there too. :highclap: :highclap:

Hawks Feather

And that is what hunting should be about.  Sharing and helping others.  Nice job and a great thing to do.

Jerry

KySongDog

That was a very good hearted thing you did, Biscuit.  Great story.  :congrats:

riverboss

Way to go Biscuit!! :highclap: I know what you mean about it being special you have just made a dream come true rite before your eyes and it doesnt get any better than that  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:.

HaMeR

Way to go Biscuit!! What a grand thing to do for those 2. Just shows the true meaning of FnF once again!!

Invite them over here. I would love to read the story the boy comes up with.  :biggrin: :biggrin:  Sounds like a couple of good folks to have here.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FOsteology

Gotta love being a part of that experience for that young man and his father.  :congrats:

FinsnFur

Thats got to be the post of the year Bisquit :congrats:
No matter how simple it seemed...what you did, changed that boy for life :wink:
I just learned a lot about you sir.  :eyebrownod: Awesome job :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

You are the man Blake! :yoyo: :yoyo: A great story and a great thing that you did.  :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Frogman

Biscuit,

Thanks for sharing that story with us.  You done GOOD!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Dave

Fantastic story.  What a great experience for all three of you.   :congrats:

Tikaani

Great story Blake, it is a good feeling to be part of a hunt like that.  You made that kids day, and he will always remember it as he grows up, someday he will do the same for another kid.  Good deal.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

kyfuzzyface

WTG Blake you done good !!  :highclap: :highclap:
Fuzzy

Biscuit

Thanks guys sorry i hadnt responded earlier been staying busy :whew: I filmed this hunt on my new camera, which will not hook up to the computer i done all my editing on with my old one. :madd: As soon as i get it downloaed and touch it up a bit i will share it with you guys. This kid is a trip and the smile on his face says it all. Im trying to talk with KET network and see if i cant get it on KY Afield for this young man. Its a great youth hunt with a good clean kill, No cutaways like the pro's just a true hunt. I know it would meen the world to this kid if it were to happen and since i spent the money for a t.v. grade camera why not put it on t.v. :wo: Wish me luck!!!!

Oh, and i know you guys would have done the same thing for this young man as i did given the chance!! FnF seems more like a family than a forum.

bambam

HuntnCarve

Biscuit, I can't say it any better than the rest of the fellows did above.  You did a very fine thing, and it says a heck of a lot about you.  I guarantee, that young man will remember that day the rest of his life.  And so will you. :highclap:

Dave