• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Yote Yoda success with no Possumal along

Started by possumal, October 09, 2012, 10:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Yote Yoda and old Possumal had plans to hunt yesterday afternoon on a new farm we just acquired hunting permission in Boyle County, but a sudden attack of the sinus infection that has about killed the old marsupial forced the grinner to cancel out and go to the doctor instead, messing up our well laid plans.  Yoda started to wait to go this morning with me, but I talked him into going to a closer new farm we had already scouted in Anderson County.  This turned out to be a good decision for YY, as he made the exact stand we had planned on our earlier scouting trip, and within ten minutes had a nice 29 lb. female, last year's crop, DRT 149 yards from his perch.  She had two more with her, but they stopped right in the middle of some choice cattle, and no shot could be taken.  All in all, it was a well laid plan that worked to perfection, with my Coyotes & Calves sequence being the sound of choice, a decision made on our scouting trip.  The setup was perfect, right next to a pasture where the farmer has had them kill two calves this past weekend.  Once again, Yoda's JP AR in 223 was deadly accurate, with the 53 grain Hornady Superformance not even exiting on a dead center chest shot.  I'd say old Yoda saved a bunch of calves, rabbits, groundhogs, turkeys, and fawn deer by taking out this little gal early before her breeding career got started.  I'm glad he went and kept our promise to the land owner.  That's what it takes to keep the farmer's happy and to maintain and expand your hunting cache.  Here is a nice picture of a real pretty, slick female

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Frogman

Wow, Al, you guys are getting after them.  I've got to get out some!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

centerfire_223

Nothing like when a plan comes together, great shooting.  :yoyo:
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Dave

That's a cool looking pic with the morning sun blazing across her fur.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyotehunter_1

Yep, that will help keep the livestock producers happy... Good job! 
Al, just remember to remind Yote Yoda that he needs the Possum Master along to take care of the over runs.  :wink: :biggrin:   
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

possumal

Old Yote Yoda already knows about the overruns.  Years ago, when we were hunting with only mouth calls, we were hunting one of our favorite farms, an enormous piece of coyote real estate, complete with every element a coyote needs or wants to have the good life. We were walking everywhere then, and on this one particular day, I was only using a little Haydel howler that sounded like a young, sweet lady. I would stay on the highest part of the feeder ridges and Yoda would be down the ridge about 50 to 75 yards.  They weren't howling back, but one or two howls on that little howler resulted in 4 or 5 coyotes coming in that day looking for love in all the wrong places. On one particularly good looking spot, a big male came charging up the ridge and nearly ran into old Yoda's lap, scaring hell out of him as I recall.  He gave him a couple of parting shots out of his Browning 22-250 but I don't recall him drawing contact.  Good memory though, more impressive than the two small males he killed that day.  I guess you'd say that was more of a run over than an overrun, but Yoda could smell that stinking rascal's breath.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff