Main Menu

Hey Al

Started by JohnP, October 04, 2013, 12:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Have you seen or tried the new CS24C?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

possumal

John P, it was in the planning stage when I visited FoxPro some time ago. Actually, the new Krakatoa was further along, and that thing is insanely loud and clear.  The TX-1000 remote was not around at that time, but it is available now on both the CS-24C and the new Krakatoa.  I suspect it will be available on all the high end models before too much longer.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

I guess that means "No"
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

Yeah that's what I thought Jim.  I don't understand why FoxPro brings out these new product right prior to calling season when they are not even on the market?  Must be a marketing strategy, but I surely don't understand it.........

possumal

John, they are available on the market right now.  Mike Dillon just put out an announcement yesterday on PM. I just tried to give you as much info as I could. Here is a link:  http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2551157#Post2551157
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

JohnP

I was just on their site (custom shop) and couldn't find it.  Could you post the link, that has it for sale?

FinsnFur

:laf: should we ban him  for posting that link? :shrug: We aint allowed to do that over there :readthis:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

Sorry about that Jim.  They haven't updated the FoxPro site, but the CS-24C will be available for shipment in a few days. The price is $599.95.  I imagine A.P.Jones (Allpredatorcalls) will have them right away too.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

KySongDog

QuoteThe CS24C now features a rugged plastic housing instead of the metal housing that was used on the CS24B's.

How can rugged plastic be better than metal?     :confused:    Does it have a better sound?

possumal

Semp, don't let the term "Plastic" fool you.  That thing is tough as nails.  I don't think the sound will change.  The antenna is a big improvement for both durability and function.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

KySongDog

I remember when lots of people pooh-poohed that "plastic" gun called Glock.    :laf:   

It will be interesting to read what the customer reviews say after it is on the market a while.   

possumal

It will be very popular with the TX-1000 remote.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

JohnP

I had a CS24B and sold it for the Shockwave - big mistake, as far as I concerned.  I'm thinking of selling the Shockwave and going back to the CS24B/C.  The TX-1000 doesn't impress me at all, why do we need all the bells and whistles and 1,000 sounds on a caller?  I use two or at the most three sounds and have killed a fair amount of critters. 

possumal

John P, I tend to agree with you about some of the advancements, but I see lots of advantages to the TX-1000 remote. It is a far superior navigation method, and is not affected by cold temperatures.  I do like the CS-24 a lot myself. That being said, Yote Yoda and 4 Paws have literally worn coyotes out with their two Shockwaves. They use them at the same time and evidently that gives the coyotes a new twist or two.  They both have a lot of programmed hunt sequences on their ecallers that allow them one click and watch.  You don't have to use the bells and whistles if you prefer not to.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

JohnP

Quote from: possumal on October 04, 2013, 08:04:30 PM
  I imagine A.P.Jones (Allpredatorcalls) will have them right away too.

Al - just got this from A.P.

John,
We do not have them in stock yet s FOXPRO has not yet released them. We have a large quantity on order, as soon as they release the unit, they will ship some to us. They have not yet given us a good timeline as to when they will finally release them.

possumal

John P, I just received a CS-24C a few days ago, and Yote Yoda received one too.  So, FoxPro has evidently started shipping them, and AP is sure to get his as fast as anybody.  Cabelas has the new Krakatoa in stock now so they must be getting close too. 

One of the best features of the TX-1000 is 50 presets, and they are so easy to set up.  I have mine set up in my preferred sequence and feel sure I will use them a bunch.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff