• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Evolution of a call...

Started by HuntnCarve, November 11, 2015, 06:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

Folks seem to like watching the progression of a call.  So here's a look at a carving I did on a freshly turned Pear wood call:

Rough out:

Some shape added:

Detail added:

Now some paint:

Thanks for looking!

HuntnCarve
Dave

Hawks Feather

Just four steps and 'walla' you have a beautiful call.  I could never find what was hidden in the calls that I made, but you sure can.

Nice work.

Jerry

P.S. (edit) I was just looking at the finished call again and think that I saw a groundhog sneaking through that field.

HuntnCarve

Jerry,

I saw what would have been "Hog No.22" for the year the other day...Unfortunately, the neighbor woman was out working in her yards.  So at my wifes advice, I did not risk the shot. :pout:
Just a matter of time.... :innocentwhistle:

Todd Rahm

Dave your calls are more amazing by the day. The carvings are awesome as usual but your painting skills make them pop!!!!!

coyote101

Quote from: Todd Rahm on November 11, 2015, 03:52:28 PM
Dave your calls are more amazing by the day. The carvings are awesome as usual but your painting skills make them pop!!!!!

I agree; the detail in the calls is astounding.  :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Yeah that was a pretty short lesson there :confused: It happened so fast I kinda feel like a missed a step. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com