• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

How about it call makers

Started by George Ackley, September 17, 2007, 10:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Ackley

Bow hunters & hand calls

A bulb  squeaker is nice to have mounted on you riser close enough to your hand that when they get close you can work them with it.
but I think that since we have so many call makers on here some one should come up with a hand call attachment that will let you attach your favorite call to your bow or clothing and have a tub or something that you can blow though  thus keeping you hand call hands free.

How about it call makers??
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

Hawks Feather

I will need to check, but I think the tubing that is used in fish tanks would be about the right diameter.  The only problem I can see would be if the call were attached to the bow there would be a tube that would get in the way when you go to shoot.  Not real sure, but it seems like it would.

Jerry

THO Game Calls

Jerry, you are on the right track.  For years now there have been deer calls that have a soft rubber tube on them,  You pin the call to you shirt and the tube to your collar.   Easy to use, until you get that tube caught in the bow string.   

There is acutally a hands free predator call already on the market too.  I can get the kits to make them from one of my distributors.

The only down side to these calls is that when you are using one, you are going to have the animals attention focused on where the sound is coming from.   Hard to draw a bow when they are looking right at you, and unlike a gun, which you can have up and ready, holding a bow at full draw for any length of time is a chore.

But, if someone is interested, I will order a few of them tomorrow when I place my weekly order.

AL
THO Game Calls

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

I gotta disagree Al. That chick up on the TailGate has been holding her bow at full draw for a couple weeks now. She's still not shaking.
Trust me, I keep checking on her.  :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

That may be Jim, but you start shaking every time you look at it.   :roflmao:

Jerry

FinsnFur

:doh2: You told me that was going to stay between us
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

whole new meaning to 'quiver'  :roflmao:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

iahntr

I've thought about this too. Like Al said they've made grunt calls like this for a while. I haven't actually messed with makin one yet, but about the best thing that I've come up with so far is putting a coaxer call mounted to a safety pin style attachment. You can pin that to your back, side, or shoulder, which also helps to throw the sound a little behind you, and run a piece of peep aligner tube from that and pin the end on your collar so you can have the end in your mouth, opposite side of your anchor, so you could still blow it at full draw if ya wanted too. Maybe I'll mess with one, If I get one done I'll post a pic of what I'm talkin about, and maybe it'll make sense.  :biggrin:

Al, I'd be curious to see what the ones you're talkin about look like.
Scott