• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Archery bull elk scores into Boone & Crockett

Started by Okanagan, January 19, 2022, 12:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Grandson R's archery Roosevelt bull elk officially scores high enough to make the Boone & Crockett rifle record book, not just Pope & Young archery record book.    He got it in September and I posted about it then.   Photo below is a repeat from a September post.

We had our annual family antler party tonight and an official Boone & Crockett scorer was there to score critters.  R's bull scored higher than we anticipated:  301.5 gross and 294.5 net.  290 is the minimum to get into Boone & Crockett.

Fun party, 14 of us including a two year old great grandson, and one non-family guest.  Am really bombed tonight but will try to add some pics eventually, on this thread or another.   

Hawks Feather

Tell him congratulations for his archery bull that scored high enough to reach the rifle record.  Just downing one of those majestic animals would be the thrill of a lifetime, but getting a Boone & Crockett record to go along with it is totally awesome.

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

bambam

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Wow, that thing is sporting some hardware :eyebrow:
Nice job
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

That’s a lot of knife handles and pistol grips :yoyo: