• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

There is a tiny hope of spring in the air...

Started by nastygunz, February 06, 2024, 02:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

... time to start organizing my fishing gear in my new rod rack!

Hawks Feather

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

1 1/2, between the fly rods and the regular fishing poles they have multiplied over the years :innocentwhistle:

nastygunz

Back in a more simple time when I was a kid all I had was a willow branch about 6 feet of fishing line a split shot and a hook, and some hand dug not from a Styrofoam container worms. We still take the young ones out and fish like that around the camp where the brooks are all loaded with native Brooktrout, and it still works fine :wink:

bigben

not far from it here in pa.  Yesterday I seen a couple robins and the past weekend has brought a lot of geese into the area.  maybe the furry rodent was right spring will be early
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

nastygunz

46° here today and most of the snow is gone. :yoyo:

bigben

It was 56 yesterday afternoon.  rode home with the windows down.  planning on doing some hiking tomorrow to get some woods time in.  Heading to a spot were Indians used to mine for rhyolite and make tools from.  Pretty cool stuff. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

nastygunz

In North American pre-historic times, rhyolite was quarried extensively in what is now eastern Pennsylvania. Among the leading quarries was the Carbaugh Run Rhyolite Quarry Site in Adams County. Rhyolite was mined there starting 11,500 years ago.Tons of rhyolite were traded across the Delmarva Peninsula, because the rhyolite kept a sharp point when knapped and was used to make spear points and arrowheads.

Obsidian is usually of rhyolitic composition, and it has been used for tools since prehistoric times. Obsidian scalpels have been investigated for use in delicate surgery. Pumice, also typically of rhyolitic composition, finds important uses as an abrasive, in concrete,and as a soil amendment.Rhyolitic tuff was used extensively for construction in ancient Rome and has been used in construction in modern Europe.

bigben

FinsnFur

You'd think we would see more fish pics with a pile of equipment like that :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

Cute kid pics, at this time of the year I am a little shy on 🐟🐟🐟🐟 pics. :biggrin: Notice theres no snow under those tiny boots!

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers