• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Posting Pictures

Started by FinsnFur, November 19, 2023, 11:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I've made some changes to the way our forum allows images to be added to posts.
In the past, as many of you know, you were only allowed to upload/attach an image that was 400kb or less.
The reasoning...I couldnt allow everyone to upload raw images whenever they wanted that were 5 to 8 megabytes in size, without them being resized. It would devour our diskspace and resources.

I truly do not want to have to go through and purge them periodically because then we have posts with missing images. So yah they needed to be managed.

Whats funny about members complaining that they cant upload pics or figure out how to resize them is that for years over 1000 members DID figure it out and prove that it works fine. :laf:  I looked at the attachements storage and there's over 4000 images in there from members like Bopeye, Bills Custom calls, Slag Maker, etc. Some of the least computer savy people we have lol

ANYWAY....with forum traffic slowed and better software under us I've opened the gates a bit.
Members with accumulated permissions allowing them to attach images can now upload an image up to 2 megabytes in size. A max total of 4 megabytes per post. (Or 2 images)
If you want to upload more you'll have to reply to your own post and add more to that post.

Here's How

Click the bar under your reply window that looks like this...
If you want the image to be in a certain place of your post, make sure you have the cursor where you want it before you click the attachment bar as pictured.
You cannot view this attachment.

It will show you a thumbnail preview. You click the blue arrow on the preview to accept or the red X to abort.
It will then give you an opportunity to resize your image by entering the desired height and width. OR...you can leave it blank and click insert to insert the image.

If you need more then 2 meg per image, your image needs to be resized. Or it can be linked from a photo host like photobucket or imgurl
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FinsnFur

Last one
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

Does anybody else understand that  :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

Quote from: nastygunz on November 19, 2023, 01:12:30 PMDoes anybody else understand that  :innocentwhistle:

Is it too confusing, for real?
It requires three mouse clicks, or three taps from a mobile device. So there's not much area to get lost.
Let me know which of the three clicks is sending you down a deep, dark rabbit hole and I'll see if I can shed some light your way.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers