• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

More whitetails then you can shack a stick at...

Started by Coyotes-R-Us, November 07, 2022, 01:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coyotes-R-Us

:confused:
�The year of the whitetail I guess.
Three more this weekend.

I used my buck tag on a large 3-point, 8 western count, whitetail and The boy took 2 more does.

That's 7 for the 4 of us plus one mule deer doe. The boy still has a pocket full of asst. doe tags and his buck tag I still have a whitetail doe tag, the D-I-L is tagged out, and the G-D is tagged out. We all are in for damage hunts, that's normally two deer each.

So far my mule deer doe is the only Muley.

Whitetail spotted does eat the best anyway.

We just checked it is $220 a deer regardless of the size for processing.  We do our own or give them to people that do their own cutting too.

The buck I shot was like a true eastern deer hunt, I understand.

It ran into an acre-sized stand of hawthorn bushes and aspen trees. We ran to the corner finger that was closest to the next stand of trees and sat in wait.

Was not 5 minutes and I saw a face looking out of the trees. the deer was completely covered, behind trees with only its head and neck visibly, if you saw it. 200 yards, I put the scope dead on the center of the neck/chest. Dang that 200 gr Barnes 3200 fps makes a wicked sound when it hits flesh. He tips backward and hit the ground where he was standing. When we gutted it out the bullet penetrated from the chest to all most the tail it exited after going up through the spine 2 inches from the tail.

��
old is the new young

JohnP

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Im to the point I dont want to drive my truck until after gun deer season. There's dead deer laying all over our county roads.
I hit four one year. Hit another one last night on the way home from work. Luckily she slid on the asphalt right at the last minute and went down below the bumper and the tire got her instead of my grill, as I stood on the brake pedal clenching my teeth.
I am so freakin sick of this :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Weld up a cow catcher on the front of that truck :biggrin:

JohnP

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

I actually thought about that Nasty. I very seriously considered it. :huh:

I'm not seeing any pics either John. Other then the one you posted about no pictures
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Okanagan

That's a LOT of deer to have so many hit on the roads.  Around here, middle of the rut with bucks chasing does, I've seen two deer hit on the roads in the past two weeks.  One of those was in town on a busy 4 lane street with a 35 mph. speed limit.   We have a lot more deer in the edge of our towns than out in the national forest, where cougars and bobcats prey on them hard. 

Jim, sounds like you need an Australian roo bumper.  Made of massive steel pipe (most are 4" diameter) they stick out well past the width of the vehicle.  Ugly but effective. 

FinsnFur

Quote from: Okanagan on November 10, 2022, 10:54:14 PMJim, sounds like you need an Australian roo bumper.  Made of massive steel pipe (most are 4" diameter) they stick out well past the width of the vehicle.  Ugly but effective. 

Art (5shots) said the same thing one year.  :laf:  I think he has one, or (HAD) one on his semi truck at one time. :eyebrow: Definitely looked effective.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Coyotes-R-Us

old is the new young

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Looks like it is processing time. And it won't be a quick process.

Coulter

What the h...

Every deer I saw today was on private property that I couldn't hunt. This lack of snow up here is really starting to suck.