• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Wind, coyotes & Red Fox

Started by 1snafu, December 27, 2022, 07:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1snafu

It is all about the wind with coyotes & Red Fox. They will utilize any & all natural ground cover. To cut that wind from their face. Both canines travel from one down wind area to the next. Using the up-wind areas mainly as a transition area. To get from one down wind area to the next. The above is key to remember. As a tool for tactics. To get that hunter close. To where a wild canine might be or knowingly is.

Neither canine likes any wind blowing directly into the front cone of their ears. When on the move, both canines will angle/cut any prevailing wind. As they cut through it. I believe that behavior is twofold. As to why they cut through wind. 1. Cut down wind on their face. 2. To scent more area up ahead or upwind of where they are.

1snafu

I will also add. When bedded down. Both canines will have their backside angled away from the prevailing wind. The higher the wind speed. The more in-alignment, their snout. Will be aimed down-wind.

nastygunz

There was a lot of wind at Christmas dinner but I didn't see any foxes or coyotes🙈

FinsnFur

Quote from: nastygunz on December 27, 2022, 07:45:07 AMThere was a lot of wind at Christmas dinner but I didn't see any foxes or coyotes🙈

:alscalls:  :alscalls: You aint right Nasty
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com