• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Grandson Code won first calling tournament he entered

Started by Okanagan, March 02, 2023, 11:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Grandson Code, who grew up on this forum, entered his first coyote calling tournament recently and with his calling partner they won.  Want to be careful about blowing your cover, Code, if you check in here, so hope I'm not giving too much detail but old man grampas are wired to brag a little. 

KySongDog

JohnP

Tell that youngster  CONGRATULATIONS from an old soldier living in the desert.  Was it just a calling contest or was it a call-and-kill contest?  If it was a call-and-kill contest we need pictures.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Okanagan

Quote from: JohnP on March 02, 2023, 01:32:58 PMTell that youngster  CONGRATULATIONS from an old soldier living in the desert.  Was it just a calling contest or was it a call-and-kill contest?  If it was a call-and-kill contest we need pictures.

It was a call and kill contest.  He added a bobcat to the coyotes.  I don't have any pics, and should get his permission as well.

They did well on day one, then in high winds started day 2 with six consecutive dry calling stands.  Code was the junior member of the team but he suggested a change in tactics, and they killed three coyotes on the next three stands.  Fun for this old man to hear the stories.

Hawks Feather

Tell him congratulations. Was the contest in your area or another state - if you care to share. Just asking because I haven't seen much about calling contests recently.

coyote101

Very nice. Congratulations to Code and his team.  :highclap:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Okanagan

Quote from: Hawks Feather on March 03, 2023, 06:57:54 AMTell him congratulations. Was the contest in your area or another state - if you care to share. Just asking because I haven't seen much about calling contests recently.

It was a different state.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com