• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

2006 Bear Hunt

Started by kmeyer, September 24, 2006, 09:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmeyer

Hey all. This is kmeyer from Wisconsin. Some of you know me from the Globe and LBL hunts I have attended. 

I just got back from up northern Wisconsin near the UP after tagging a Black bear. It's not a monster, but the hide is super thick! The hunt was fantastic. Passed on a lot of Bears. The biggest bear I saw was at 15 only yards the first hour of the hunt. After a six hour drive the night before, and a 10 day vacation planned, I didn't want to be done in 1 hour so I just video taped him:) I was seeing alot so was very content just to use the still and video camera the first several days. I ended up with many pics and a lot of video tape. This bruin came in on the 6th night.

At the shot, he ran about 50 yards straight away from me and fell down a ravine:) That was the one direction I had hoped he would not run. I managed to drag him about 3 feet up the hill before I went to the local pub and enlisted some help from a few guys that had just finished hunting themselves.

FinsnFur

Very nice.  :yoyo: ...and welcome to the board Kmeyer.
That's one thing I've never done, hunt bear...and I live in Wisconsin. 
I spend enough time making sure they aint around me  :huh: LOL

What'd he weigh?
Did you call it in, or bait hunting? Thanks for bringin it in.   :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

stevecriner

Dude thats awesome. I always wanted to get a bear!
" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

Todd Rahm

Cool...........Nice Job!!!!!!

fuzz624

hey man,nice bear.Welcome to the forums.

keekee

Nice job!!!!!!!!! Congrads!!!!!!!!!

Brent

Jeb

Congrats !! :highclap:
          Jeb

kmeyer

Thanks for the kind words all. This guy was baited in. I spent each morning and evening in stand and spent one day running with dogs.  I enjoy both a great deal, but have always prefered the solitude of the quiet woods and stand hunting. Now, the hounds make beautiful music as well.  Both are great times. This bear was a very average sized bruin. Just under 200lbs. It's my first one though and he had a real thick coat.  I will definetly hunt more Black Bear from now on:)

vvarmitr

Way to go KMeyer!!! :highclap: :highclap:  That is sooo cooool :eyebrownod:
I going to PA this year to try & call one in & nail it w/ my pistol. :eyebrow: