• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Sam Colt....... Meet bootmud

Started by bootmud, July 30, 2008, 06:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bootmud

I've been helping my parents do some work recently.  This evening I helped move some furniture and different items.  Afterwords Dad surprised me by handing me a heavy bag and said this was your grandfathers why don't you take it.

To my surprise It's a Colt Trooper Mark III .357 Magnum plus about 150 rounds of ammo.  It's not the first time Dad has given me a gun but everytime I'm like a kid on Christmas morning. :grin:

Thanks,  bootmud

www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

coyote101

Very nice.  :yoyo: :yoyo: And it was your grandfather's; that's even better.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

wv_yoter

Jason

Coulter

That's awesome...who's gonna help ya shoot it? :eyebrownod:

Steve

Silencer

I love the .357 round, very enjoyable to shoot.

bootmud

Quote from: Coulter on July 30, 2008, 06:59:23 PM
That's awesome...who's gonna help ya shoot it? :eyebrownod:

Steve

I'll be using my bipod. :laf:
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

cb223

AWESOME! I really like the colt trooper. Not to mention that is was your Grandfathers.
CHAD

Frogman

bootmud,
      That's a fine pistol.  They just don't make them like that anymore.  Besides it looks like it is in excellent condition.  You should treasure it.
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

bootmud

Thanks guys.  It really is in excellant condition.  My father shot it once and I'm very certain that my grandfather shot it only once or twice.  He always kept it on his night stand for self protection. 
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

vvarmitr

I whatta know ... does your folks need any more help around the house?   :innocentwhistle:
:laf:
That is sooo awesome Bootmud.  :highclap:

bootmud

Quote from: vvarmitr on July 31, 2008, 08:52:26 AM
I whatta know ... does your folks need any more help around the house?   :innocentwhistle:
:laf:
That is sooo awesome Bootmud.  :highclap:

My wife has a honey do list but there isn't a free gun in the world that would be worth it. :doh2:
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

FinsnFur

Very sweet bootmud...very sweet. Looks like it's in real fine condition too. Any idea how old it is?...doesnt look too old.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

Hey Bootmudd: I rank you right up there with the luckiest guys around.  Having a dad and a grandfather who handled down a lot more than this fine pistol.  Enjoy it and take care of it like they did.  I'm happy for ya. :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

bootmud

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 31, 2008, 07:19:24 PM
Very sweet bootmud...very sweet. Looks like it's in real fine condition too. Any idea how old it is?...doesnt look too old.

I believe I read that Colt Trooper Mark III was made from the late 60's to 1983.  So it definately is at least twenty couple years old.

possumal,  Thank you very much! :biggrin:

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

CCP

QuoteI whatta know ... does your folks need any more help around the house?

Yep I thought the very same thing  :biggrin:

Looks like bootmud has dodged every attempt that has tried to get or shoot his new gun. I dont blame you I would want it all to myself also.

You are indeed a very fortunate fellow. Nice gun for sure always wanted one of those.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

bootmud

I'll probably wait till I go to camp the next time to shoot it.  Nothing better than hearing the echo of a high power rifle or pistol rolling down the valley over the river. :eyebrownod:
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

bushmaster

Now theres ya somethin heartfelt.  Congratulations pal.
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

yucca

Nice colt! That make and model was one of the first handguns I owned. I always regret getting rid of it. One day I will scrape together enough cash to get another.

Have fun with it.