• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

New Chems from Van Dykes

Started by studabaka, April 06, 2007, 03:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studabaka

Well I finally used up most of what I had and just got a new shipment in from Van Dykes.... Noticed a couple of things...

The Rittel products I ordered [EZ Tan, SuperSoft Oil] don't say Rittel on them. I guess maybe Bruce struck a private label deal with them. Sure hope that's the case. Not sure I'm interested in using a look alike/knock off.

Also, the instructions on the supersoft say drain 2-4 hours before application. That's a whole lot more than 20 minutes!!  :shck: Can that be right  :confused: is that what you do?

Do you use your knobloch in any other solutions then the relaxer bath?

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

The tanning agent is the same stuff. You probably bought a larger quantity or weight and I dont think Van Dykes puts all the fancy brand name labels and stuff on the larger doses. Mine dont come with it either but the product number dictates what it is.

Supersoft Oil...Rinse it good after it comes out of the tan and hang er up. Yep, 2 to 4 hours.

Don't cut the oil with water either like the previous oils.
I've found 2 hours is perfect for varmints and predators.
Deer are best left hanging for 4 to 6

I use Knoblochs Kemal-4 and NO salt in my relaxer....and acid bate in my pickle.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

ah ha..... another jewel slips out  :eyebrow: I'll have to look into that acid bate. I'm just using safety and salt.

Thanks again Jim!!  :bowingsmilie:

For me, it seems like now is when things start picking up and folks are pulling stuff from the freezer. Kinda good I guess, cause I get to focus on missing my shots on coyotes through the winter and only have to endure the envy of other's success once my guns are put up.  :hahaha:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

:shck: I dont know how that got in there!

I'll have to edit that outta there.  :iroll:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com