• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Where in the $*@! is this Kayak!

Started by FinsnFur, March 13, 2016, 10:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

That is the FIRST wheeled kayak that I have ever seen.  No wonder it took so long to get there.

Jerry

Okanagan

Looks like a Mafia disposal to me.

riverboss

They will miss that truck driver Jim.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

FinsnFur

I sprinted through the rain to that truck when I seen it pull in. The driver gets out and says, I had a feeling you'd be happy to see me, you must be Jim :iroll:
The trucking company that picked it up from the mfg doesnt come to our area so they passed it around for a while and NM transfer ended up with it. What an ordeal.

Anyway, I was pretty excited. He offered to help me carry it out to my truck in the parking lot. I said it's too late to suck up now dude. Ok I didnt say that  :laf:

I wont get much time to caress it till this weekend since KT's on second this week and I'm playing Dad/Grampa/Mom after work picking up Sydney at the babysitters. I did manage to get it into the shop and get the cocoon cut off it before I picked up the grand-baby though.

It's far from a Hobie but I'm confident it's going to do what I want it to do just fine. :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

Looking good there jim.

Don't forget to think minimal tackel. Less is more
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Yah I got way too many things in my tackle box that I treasure to risk taking them out in the kayak right yet. :holdon:
Someone said (I think Barry) to only take a few favorite lures etc. Hell my first trip out I might take one lure and one pole and fish by the truck in case I have to refill LOL
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Lash everything and put lures in floating boxes.

Jerry

Dave

FINALLY!
Looks nice.  I'm still on the front end of the learning curve and can't offer much advice (I am learning a lot here though - really like the retractable dog leash idea). 
Right now I wear stuff with lots of pockets.  Big pockets.
And leash your rods - they go over and you don't even realize it  :argh:

HaMeR

Dang!! They even got all the scratches covered up!!   :yoyo: :yoyo:

I'm happy for you Jim!! I like when somebody gets a new toy like that!! I'm already waiting to see the 1st fish you catch from it!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

weedwalker

Bout time you got it. Take it out and use it once or twice before you make any modifications. You'll know more about what you'll like to do after you've had it out on the water.

HuntnCarve

Strap a 150 HP Evenrude on that bad boy and you'll be the King of the water. :innocentwhistle:

Seriously, Glad you got it.  Be careful out there on it. 

Dave

KySongDog

Nice looking boat, Jim.  Even matches the snow and ice ya got up there.  We want pics of the first time you flip it upside down in the water. 

Okanagan

Setting aside all razzing for a moment, that looks like a terrific fishing kayak, and a fun toy.  Relieved and glad that you got it without further hassle.

To resume our normal programming:   you shoulda kept on the wrapping to protect the boat from fish slime and scratches and just cut a little hole in the top of the plastic wrap just barely big enough to sit in. 

slagmaker

Quote from: Okanagan on March 24, 2016, 12:10:42 PM
To resume our normal programming:   you shoulda kept on the wrapping to protect the boat from fish slime and scratches and just cut a little hole in the top of the plastic wrap just barely big enough to sit in. 

Yeah then you could just slide your tackel under the plastic and never have to worry about loosing gear.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

riverboss

Nice looking vessel Jim before you know it you will be pulling skiers!
Now let's see some funniest home videos and a few fish.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

FinsnFur

Yah my maiden voyage there will be nothing aboard except my ass and an oar. :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 24, 2016, 06:09:16 PM
Yah my maiden voyage there will be nothing aboard except my ass and an oar. :sneer:

If you can paddle a kayak with nothing but what you have listed then you are a very talented man.    :bowingsmilie:

Jerry

nailbender

FinsnFur

Oar Paddle
I used the wrong verbiage Jerry
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers