• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tip of the day

Started by bambam, April 19, 2018, 03:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bambam

The fewer the facts , the stronger the opinions.

bambam

Formula for success : Under promise and over deliver.

bambam

Even in laughter the heart is sorrowful ; and the end of that mirth is heaviness .Proverbs 14:13

bambam

Necessity never made a good bargain. Ben Franklin

bambam

Blessed is he who expects nothing, because he shall never be disappointed. Ben Franklin

bambam

Security without liberty is called prison. Ben Franklin

bambam

An open foe may prove a curse, but a pretend friend is worse. Ben Franklin

bambam

If you refuse to participate in politics, you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato

Hawks Feather

Quote from: bambam on November 23, 2021, 09:09:08 PM
If you refuse to participate in politics, you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato

And just as true today as it was then.

Okanagan

Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 24, 2021, 07:33:28 AM
Quote from: bambam on November 23, 2021, 09:09:08 PM

And just as true today as it was then.

^^ THIS^^

The past months have convinced me that much of our national problem is that good, decent people don't want to get into the mess and hassle of local politics.  School boards are the biggest example.  I just want to enjoy my life and family, avoid hassle, and use my free time to work and play without government intrusion.  I don't want the added nuisance and hassle of board meetings, disagreements, ugly accusations and responsibility that comes with school board, county supervisor, city council, etc.  So the people with an agenda take those positions, most of them leftists. 

Case in point:  a wealthy couple recently moved here from California, no kids, retired.  In our election two weeks ago, she ran for local school board, UNOPPOSED!  My boys, DIL, myself, and many of my friends are far better qualified, know this area, have kids in the system, etc. and none of us want the hassle and responsibility of being on the school board.  It looked to me like half of the candidates for city and county offices were recently moved here from Seattle or California.  So, we get people from San Francisco telling us the rules we have to live by.

Not sure what to do because I DON'T want to run for office, yet mere talk is not going to cut it. 

JohnP

If you are not willing to run or get behind the person you feel is right for the job and support him/her 100% then you are also part of the problem.  However, a .308 will also work.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

bambam

Only the dead have seen the end of war. Plato

bambam

No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth. Plato

bambam

Ignorant men raise questions that were answered 1000 years ago by wise men. Johann von Goethe.

bambam

The God of my rock, in him I will trust ; he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation. 2 Samuel 22:3

bambam

Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much. Oscar Wilde

bambam

A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for. John Shedd.

bambam

There is only one way to avoid criticism; do nothing, say nothing, be nothing. Aristotle.

bambam

It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark. Howard Ruff

bambam

Be kind, because everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle. Plato