• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

What is this?

Started by Yotehntr, November 12, 2021, 08:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

I guess in my retirement I've fallen into buying old lathes. My Jet that I turn calls on had the switch break and I looked on market place and bought an old south bend.. (fixed the Jet btw) then I started looking and bought another,  I'm on #4 not counting the Jet that I've had for 20+ years. I keep finding crazy deals. I've cleaned one stole the cast table off it for the lathe I thought I was going to keep. Sold that lathe and better than doubled my money. Well I found my 4th lathe on an auction site and by asking where the stuff that was on it's shelf I ended up with this little beauty... Looks like some kind of "layout table"? Possibly for welding? Don't know that's why the subject line. It's cast I balanced it on my bathroom scale and it goes 153 lbs.  It's 18" x 24" and about 5" tall. Did I mention it's heavy? If anyone knows what it is and what an aprox. value is I'd appreciate it.  :yoyo:

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

FinsnFur

When I was a young buck I worked at a diecast plant that made GM transmissions, tons of OMC outboard motor parts etc. It was a fun job. Those large circles at the junction of those veins are where the ejector pins push the part out of the dye when it's done being cast. I can't believe the diameter on them. The ones I dealt with in my day were no bigger than a pencil. Some of them the size of a cigar but very very few. Those look like they're larger than a soda can. Those are some serious ejector pins LOL.
That's all I got I have no idea what it is [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Yotehntr

LOL just found out it's a surface/Lapping plate.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink: