• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

New shotgun test

Started by Rich, September 02, 2008, 02:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich

I believe that I have found the magic choke/load combo for long range coyote whacking with the new Beretta Extrema2. I screwed on a Kicks .680 tube, and shot this paper plate from an honest 50 yards. Fodder was 3" Hevi shot "Dead Coyote".
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

Rprince

Thats about as good as you can get. Thanks for sharing.

vvarmitr

Now that is a great pattern!  ;yes;

Are ya gonna shoot a second one to make sure it isn't a fluke?  :shrug:

Hawks Feather

Rich,

Looks like a winner.

Jerry

coyote101

Rich,

That's a good looking pattern. Is there any problem shooting those loads through "Lead Only" chokes? I've got a Mossberg and a Tru Glo, both in .690 that I'd like to try to compare to the Carlson's Dead Coyote tube.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

weedwalker

I've read that you can shoot the Dead Coyote loads thru most of the brand name "lead only" turkey chokes but after a while it will leave rub or scuff marks in the choke tube.

Rich

coyote101,

Kicks Industries don't recommend shooting heavy shot through their "lead only" tubes, but I do it anyway. There is always a chance of breaking the tube I suppose. Someone posted the other day that he split his turkey tube when he shot Hevi-shot through it.
Foxpro Field staff

KySongDog

I've been experimenting with my choke/load combinations but haven't had the success Rich has.

What would be the minimum number of pellets in the plate at 50 yards to consider the choke/load combination satisfactory for coyote hunting?  :wo:

Number of pellets of Remington HD BB's? 

Number of pellets of Dead Coyote T shot?

FinsnFur

Did you say Beretta Extrema2 :shck:

Holy Merry Christmas!

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Ok, since no one has a guess let me throw this out.

I think 10 Rem HD BB's will do the job at 50 yards.   As for Dead Coyote T shot,  5 or 6 should do it.

Anyone disagree??

weedwalker

I'd go along with that. :wo:  But with only one coyote shot with a shotgun, I ain't qualified to answer. :nono:

Rich

"Ok, since no one has a guess let me throw this out.

I think 10 Rem HD BB's will do the job at 50 yards.   As for Dead Coyote T shot,  5 or 6 should do it.

Anyone disagree??"
=======================================
I would say you nailed it sir.

Jim C,
Yep that be the one.  :wink:
Foxpro Field staff

KySongDog

Thanks, Rich. 

I got 14 hits on a 9" paper plate at a measured 50 yards with Remington HD BB's.   I was thinking that should be good enough but wanted some expert advice.   Patterning those 3 1/2 inch shells is not a fun job plus expensive.