• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Grandson Josh's bow killed coyote

Started by possumal, November 07, 2009, 05:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Wednesday evening, my grandson, Josh, and his buddy were in their favorite stands trying to get a big buck they had been after since the archery season started.  On Tuesday evening, Josh had him coming just right and about 100 yds out, a bunch of cattle ran in front of him either changing his route or at least holding him up long enough fo Josh to run out of shooting light, so he was back full of hope next evening.  Every night that he hunted this particular stand, a big old male coyoe would howl in the field next to the one Josh was on stand in.  Wednesday evening was no different, and the big boy started his evening serenade about 15 minutes before total darkness. Josh decided to make a few squeaks with his mouth diaphragm, and the coyote immediately rushed into the field in front of Josh's stand. He had already ranged several reference points, and when the yote got near to the 40 yd bush, Josh lip squeaked and stopped him.  Put the 40 yd pin high on his shoulder and let her rip, with his arrow passing all the way through the yote's heart and stopping him quick.  He drug him in to the truck, saying it aout killed him, but took a picture with his cellphone instead of bringing him home to where he could have taken a good picture.  Anyway, I brought it out best I could with my phoo ediing software and will post it here now. I told him that I considered a 42 yd shot on a big male coyote to be the ultimate trophy, and to please get a camera to take with him or bring the animal home to get a good photo.

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

centerfire_223

A bow killed coyote if a trophy no matter how far or how big!!!! Way to go  :yoyo:  :yoyo:
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

KySongDog

Quote from: centerfire_223 on November 07, 2009, 05:25:05 AM
A bow killed coyote if a trophy no matter how far or how big!!!! Way to go  :yoyo:  :yoyo:

+1   :congrats:   Great job!  40 yards with a bow on a coyote is awesome!!

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

CCP

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

HaMeR

Quote from: Semp on November 07, 2009, 05:27:58 AM
Quote from: centerfire_223 on November 07, 2009, 05:25:05 AM

+1   :congrats:   Great job!  40 yards with a bow on a coyote is awesome!!

+2!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

JohnP

Quote from: HaMeR on November 07, 2009, 07:01:41 AM

Ain't that the truth!  Congratulations to Josh!
When they come for mine they better bring theirs