Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Reading the title I thought I was going to see a deer wolfing down a human :shrug:.  People can be too stupid for there own good sometimes in my opinion.
I say what I think not think what I say.

slagmaker

Mule Deer Attacks, Gores Colorado Woman
10/15/2009

A young buck mule deer gored a 63-year-old woman near Florissant, Colo. on Monday the state’s Division of Wildlife reported.

Joan Nutt was visiting her sister’s home when she saw the deer and called to it. The deer approached Nutt, lowered his head and charged. Nutt tried to fend the buck off by grabbing one of its antlers, but the deer knocked her down. The deer's antlers and hooves cut her elbow, lower arm, hands, upper leg, stomach and hip.

A passing motorist saw the incident and drove up to the house honking his horn to drive the deer away.

Medics that arrived on scene said they had to keep chasing the buck away from the area. Nutt was taken to Pikes Peak Regional Medical Center in Woodland Park for treatment.

Wildlife officer Aaron Flohrs suspects the deer’s behavior is a result of someone trying to domesticate and treat the deer as a pet.

Nutt and her family denied ever feeding the deer.

"No matter how many times authorities warn people about the dangers of feeding wildlife, some well-intentioned people do it and end up getting injured when the animal turns on them," Shaun Deeney, an area wildlife manager for the Division of Wildlife, said in the news release. "A large buck deer can severely injure or, even worse, kill a person in a few seconds."

If the woman called to it and it came to her, then the family must have been feeding it. ONLY explanation I can think of..

Feeding a wild animal is not a smart thing to do.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

cathryn

people around here often take in and feed fawns theyve hurt during haying season or ones they know have been orphaned.
i kow its not advised and i dont do it but i know where there are 2 within a mile of my house with orange collars on.
ones a decent 6 point buck.

nastygunz

So...you might say that mulie buck busted a "Nutt"..... :innocentwhistle:

Hidehunter

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Denver