• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Got me some new calls.

Started by pitw, November 17, 2009, 12:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

I have admired a certain call makers calls for a while now and bit the bullet this fall.  I asked the man to build me one of his really neat looking open read calls and he asked the usual questions about what kind of wood, sound and finish.  I gave him my stock reply that I didn't know nothing but would rely on him for a nice call.  Long story shortened he agreed and built me a call[I thought] and mailed it out on Oct 13th.  I have since had to answer several pm's about whether it arrived or not but sadly had to say no :sad:.  Today it arrived :bowingsmilie:.

Appears that someones postal service figured this call needed a mite of a road trip.  Don't quite understand why this happens so often but like I said to him "it will arrive as it always does".

Once again I'm having problems with the thank you part ;yes;  .  I ordered one and get a matching set and that just blow's me away.  They sound awesome and Donny[who's home playing sick from school] opened them, immediately wanted the closed read for himself :nofgr:.  These are mine and they look as good as they sound :yoyo:.  How some of you plan on making anything but my undying gratitude is beyond me :shrug:.  Now all I need is the story on the materials used and I'm all set.  I know they are Black Cherry burl with Elk antler beads[he told me this or I wouldn't have known].
                                                        Thank You Yotehntr
I say what I think not think what I say.

Yotehntr

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I had just pulled out some more of the cherry burl and was going to start on another set!  I shipped these off 10/13 if memory serves...?  I sure am glad you like 'em Barry! Heck I didn't even realize the Caymen Islands were between Tennessee and Canada...?   :confused:   What part of Canada is that again?  I hope you tear some of those Canadian Coyotes up, eh!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Silencer

nice calls and great jesture !!   congrats  :congrats:

HuntnCarve

Those calls are surely worth the wait. 
Nothing like that "kicked in the gut" feeling a call maker gets when he waits on the U.S. Postal system!  We've all been there, and not a one of us enjoys the anguish!  I'm glad it all turned out for you both.  Those calls certainly have some miles under their belts! :laf:

Dave

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

msmith

Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

Coulter

Very nice...you got another on the way that should show up around Christmas if all goes well. The Cayman Islands :confused: Okay then....

FinsnFur

Cayman Islands :roflmao: :roflmao:

Brad builds some real beauts! I dont how he does it , but as long he he keeps doing it :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

I'm thinking I may mail myself home from the LBL and have a mite longer vacation[my luck I'd end up in a cayman] :laf: :laf:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

HaMeR

Brad can sure make a nice call!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

JohnP

I have four of his calls, actually I only have three as he sent me one for my grandson.  The "problem" with his calls are that they look so good I'm half afraid to use them in fear of leaving one out in the desert.  Three of the four are from wood off of our property and not only look good but sound good also.  Anxious to give them a try. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs