• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Black bears from the past four days

Started by Okanagan, May 07, 2010, 06:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

My new hunting partner and I went after a bear for him.  He's the young man who was with me on a called bobcat and who called his first coyote and shot it earlier this year.  On the way to a camp with some excellent hunters, we saw a bear beside the road, all legal to shoot.  I told him it was the kind of bear a man does not want to see as his first one:  sort of like deciding to hold out for a good 4x4 mule deer and then seeing a very nice big three point. I think this is a pretty good sized black bear.

He held off and then got excited about hunting and killed a nice but smaller bear the next morning.  He is tickled and so am I.  Lots of fun.  Another friend killed a good sized black bear with his bow on the second day.  He has guided quite a bit and has hopes that this one will make Pope & Young.  I left camp before he skinned and green scored  the skull. I may post some kill pics of bears in a hunting thread.

And then when a couple of us who were only fishing and not hunting were rambling toward a fishing hole, we ran across the bear below out in a grassy river flat.  We watched it for five minutes and went on.  It is hard to judge a bear but we both thought that this was a way big one.

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Silencer

IMO thats a good bear.    Great pics !!!!

FinsnFur

Either one heck of a bear, or a small herd of Buffalo in there :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Scott

Yotehntr

Can't imagine walking up on stuff like that... your living the good life for sure!  :yoyo:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink: