Main Menu

Little Slow

Started by M,Yingling, June 03, 2010, 06:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M,Yingling

Seeing how its little slow here ill post few calls i made up recently 

Enjoy

John_NY

Nice looking calls. How do you like the sound of that grunt reed ? I've been thinking about trying some.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

M,Yingling

Thanks
I think they sound pretty good,
if you want to try a reed out shot me your address ill drop one in the mail ?

Hawks Feather

Nice looking calls.  What is the wood on the ends of the deer grunt?  Looks like a nice piece of Bocote in the middle and I am somewhat unsure about the ends.  Looks a little like Cocobolo, but not exactly.  Nice tight grain whatever it is.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Nice looking stuff.
I'm curious about the piercing on that reed. What is it?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

Hey thats one of those new high $$ reeds!   Nice looking calls!  :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Nice looking bunch of calls and as a buyer I'm kinda waiting for your answer to Jim's question.
I say what I think not think what I say.

John_NY

Looks like it's a weight.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

M,Yingling

Yes its just weight .  There not to high dollar if you get them from jc .

Coulter

Nice calls...bocote and coco on the grunt?

FinsnFur

Not trying to hijack your thread here or anything but whats the weight do? These things basically act like an open reed so whats the weight do that a stiffer reed wont?

I'm not trying to insult you..as mentioned I'm very curious. I've never seen anything like it.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

M,Yingling

I realy dont know what the weights is for  illl email jc and see what they have to say .   :confused:
Not sure on the wood on top got it while back never marked it  :doh2:

Hawks Feather

Not a problem.  I was just wondering.

Jerry

I found this:
Adjustable tone board with O-ring. Produces full range of buck deer vocals including low social grunts to powerful challenge grunts.

Note to call builders: the size on these reeds is LARGER then prey distress type JC product reeds which are inserted into closed reed call bodys.

Overall length - approx 2.575
Diameter (at point inserted into call body) - approx .318
Length inserted into call body - approx .575
Width (at tone board) - approx .485

M,Yingling

I emailed jc i ll see if they replay on that reed ............ Few more i did up recently .

Yellow heart crow ... spalted hack berry 3 in slate over glass ... osage predator .... tubless osage grunt

John_NY

M,Yingling

I got the reed in the mail today. I like the sound of it. I sent you a PM but you need 4 more posts before you will get it so I thought I would post here to let you know I got it.

Thanks
John

M,Yingling

Glad you got it...  they do sound  good