• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

If you remember.

Started by pitw, June 13, 2010, 11:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

I said I bought a mess of fishing stuff yesterday. :doh2:  It's still to wet for me and my sprayer this morning[Mandy is going though :biggrin:] so me and the boys[mostly Donny]  went through it all this morning and kinda/sorta separated it into piles.  One bid was all it took for us to have some fun with this stuff.

Line.

Bait

Hooks.

More hooks.

More hooks.

Again.

And again :whew:

Couple bobbers.

Couple tackle box's.

Little weight.

Miscellaneous pile.

Seat cushions cause the fellow had a bad body.

4 life jackets.

Very important item.

Missed some hooks :madd:.

Then my wonderful wife had Frog toast with fresh eggs and bacon ready :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I say what I think not think what I say.

weedwalker

Nice catch Barry. :yoyo: Just a quick glance over the items, there is a few hundred bucks worth of stuff there. And those P-38s are priceless. :eyebrownod:

Hawks Feather

Barry,

When you said you bought some fishing stuff I assumed that you did just that - bought some fishing stuff.  You should have said that you bought a Bass Pro store.   :biggrin:

Jerry

iahntr

Don't know how much ya gave for it all,
but it looks like a nice snag.   :yoyo: Very cool.
I gotta ask, what the heck is Frog toast ??
(and thanks, now I'm gonna go fry me some eggs  :biggrin:)
Scott

alscalls

Your can opener looks dull...... :laf:

If you dont need those rapalas...... I would buy em all from ya for a fair price...... :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

weedwalker

I was wondering about that bacon too. Down here, McDonalds has us all believing Canadian bacon is round. :eyebrownod:

FinsnFur

Holy crap there's enough loot there to fill an 8' pickup box from wall to wall. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Tikaani

Nice load of gear Barry, for a fraction of what it worth I'm sure.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

pitw

It was quite a sale for two 80+ year old brothers, one had been married and the other never did.  This was the one guys whole bag of loot for fishing :readthis:.  They sold a L3 Gleaner combine for $17,500 that I've seen sell for $1,000(the combine is old but looks and runs like new), 1981 International truck with 404 gas motor sold for the same price :shock2: and other stuff sold like crazy.  I came in second on te gopher traps at $250 and let the boys bid this lot of fishing gear up to $100 and then bid $110 :wink:.   I never even looked at it first :doh2:
  Scott "frog" toast would be french toast :innocentwhistle:.  You know I like to turn anything froggy into "sheeeeite" :readthis:.

Ed what the (L) is a P-38  :shrug:  I always kinda thought those characters represented a WW2 airplane. :wo:   McD's changed most peoples way of thinking about a lot of food :nofgr:.

John I'm to cheap to pay list for much :laf: :laf:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Frogman

Wow Barry,

You won't need to go fishing for a while, you already got a great catch!!  Course you and the boys will need to try that stuff out! 

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

weedwalker

Barry, a P-38 is the Army's name for a can opener. Used back in the day when we ate C-Rations that came in a can. Not like the stuff they have in bags now.
We used to trade the Frogs (French) for their rations. Theirs came with a pack of 3 cigarettes and a small bottle of Cognac. :eyebrownod:

Carolina Coyote

When I first started looking I said awh L Barry's done been to Walmart, Good buy Barry should keep you in fishing gear for a while. cc

cb223

The tip-up should serve you well that far north :eyebrow:
CHAD

vvarmitr

Also heard P-38s called John Waynes.
I did figure out why those Mae Wests you got Barry are called Mae Wests.  :biggrin:

Dave

That's a nice haul.   I'm sure the boys are excited to start using it all.