• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Meet "Scooter"

Started by Teamroper, August 02, 2010, 08:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamroper

I had a friend of mine make this target for me this past weekend. It is about 30" long and about 2 ft. tall. I had him make a sled runner-type base so that I can pull it with a 4-wheeler. I think the thickness is 3/16" but I am not sure. We will be shooting at it this weekend with 22's. Should be interesting. If anyone is interested he said he can make one for $80 + shipping.

For those that may be wondering how we are going to set it up I am going to put a pulley either attached to a T-post or tree and run a rope through it and then pull it at a 90 degree angle back toward the side of the shooters (well off behind and to the side) so that you will never be in the line of fire. Hope you enjoy the pic.
When you stop learning from everybody else you are going backwards.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper

Jeb

Hmmm who can we nominate to pull this sled ........with a 10' rope.  :alscalls:

Teamroper

Quote from: Jeb on August 02, 2010, 09:17:49 AM
Hmmm who can we nominate to pull this sled ........with a 10' rope.  :alscalls:
Maybe I should set up an obstacle course with roads cones for the "puller" to run. Now that would be interesting.  :alscalls: :alscalls: Maybe not, I will probably be the one "pulling".  :holdon:

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper

FinsnFur

That looks kinda cool.
Looks like it's make a nice decoy too while being pulled through the woods :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

That looks like it would be a lot of fun to shoot.  Hearing the plinks as the .22s hit it would also be neat.

Jerry

Jeb

Would be fun to try out the S&W MP15-22 on it ! Still not sure where the 22lr lead spatter  :holdon: would go.
                              Jeb

Teamroper

For those that are interested this is what Scooter looked like in the aftermath. We did let everyone get a bead on him at a standstill before we had him "move out". That MAY :innocentwhistle: explain for a COUPLE of hits around the vital area. :eyebrownod: Interesting enough you will notice that he didn't get a bloody nose. LOL. :hahaha:

vvarmitr

That's interesting.  :wo:
It's like there's an arc from its eye brow pass the front leg & into the next leg.
Those head shots are those from standing still?  :shrug:

Did anyone take any video?  :eyebrow:

Teamroper

90% of the shots were taken while he was "running". And unfortunately nobody took any videos.  :huh: That was probably a good thing.  :hahaha:

pitw

That picture makes me wonder just how many of them things I speeded up by hitting them in the tail :laf: :laf:.  Sure gives an idea as to why there is the odd wounded one. :innocentwhistle:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Teamroper

I was really amazed at how much I had to lead the coyote to hit him in the vital area at such a close range. It was 42 yds away and I realize that a 22 is very slow but you had to put the crosshairs below his chin to hit him in the vitals on the run. We were not pulling him that fast. In the real world it would be a coyote at a trot. We learn something everyday.  :wo: