• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

daily occurence

Started by vayotehowler, August 27, 2010, 08:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vayotehowler

I have a friend who lives a the foot of a mountain , on the edge of a neighborhood. It is a cildesac they live on with a cow field behind . The other side of the cow field is a major thorough fare.  At the edge of the friends yard is a small creek . She and her husband see a pair of coyotes pass by every night at 530 . This leads me to belive the are holed up near there some where as a bedding area . Does this sound about right since this is a daily occurence , that they pass by. sorry dont have a picture of their place

Jimmie in Ky

Definately worth a look see. Back track them and see if you can find the cover they are using. Make note of everything, cover ,location on hte drainage, etc.. Then check an airial photo . You might learn enough from this pair to help you find other groups nearby. Jimmie

vayotehowler

good infor , the struggle is I have pulled the aerial and is on fringe of an subdivision. I could learn alot about themby studying them but athe property they are on is not my frinds they are using a drainage (creek) to move . I am trting to get the landowner to grant me acess , would be great to watchem and observe, maybe take my 1st dog, thanks for the answer JImmie

Jimmie in Ky

Even if the only access you can get is to look around , do it. These two are habitual with a set time and travel route. Any info you gain will be worth the time you spend.

While your looking at the arials, note south facing slopes with cover, any old farm roads visible, fencerows, drainage ditches and such that link one piece of cover to another. Also check those property lines. While one may not allow access another just might. Pay particular attention to the ones around hte area you believe them to be bedding in. Think about your local winds during the season and possible aproaches to that area.

There is always another way to skin a cat. That is what got me to experimenting with down wind calling tactics that can be used in farm country. Couldnt get access to the bed grounds but the neighbors welcomed me with open arms. Something to think about. Jimmie

vayotehowler

thanks again Jimmie, I am always looking at what is around here and lookin at fence rows finger of trees that jut out logging roads and areas where yotes may be. and just trying to think where they may be. I also appreciate the response I know it wasnt the most riveting. I tried to get my frinds to let me come over with my bow to take em . would think the cattle owner would like em gone. my friends hava small rat terrier too. I drove to tn back in april and spent the whole trip looking for wild life (yotes mostly) like 300 miles and saw some deer. get there and my buddy calls and says he sees one on ride home. go figure  :doh2: :wo: :shrug: it is so funny i am always looking to see them and everybody i know sees them more than me