• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Red Tail Hawk for crows?

Started by nastygunz, July 17, 2010, 04:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Anybody ever use one?...I have always thought they would work better then an owl decoy...I have never seen an owl getting mobbed by crows...and rarely seen an owl plain period...I have seen many many redtail hawks and alot of them getting mobbed by crows...this is the one I ordered...I did a longggggg search online and the only other one I found thats pretty good looking is the mojo hawk...but alot more expensive....crow season coming up pretty quick in NH .

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3909692

pitw

I do get a kick out of the season for crows :laf: :laf:.  The hawk should work as I've watched countless hours of them being attacked by crows :wink:.  I have watched owls at work at night though and I think that it's on the roost that they get the majority of their meals :shrug:. Kinda/sorta cool having a bush that the crows and magpies like to roost in a 1/4 mile from the house :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

Crow season.....dumbest thing I ever saw :madd:....Im guessing your right about the owls getting them on the roost...we have some huge Great Horned owls around here....dont see em very much though...usually every spring they make a ruckus when in love mode..pretty neat to listen too. Some states like Alabama I think, tell the feds to stuff it and allow crow hunting year round...they sure dont seem to be endangered aorund these parts  :biggrin:

nastygunz

CCP

QuoteSome states like Alabama I think, tell the feds to stuff it and allow crow hunting year round...

Yeap just checked the new 2010-2011 book on crow season. It's on the 8th page down.

CLICK

______________________________________________________________________________________
STARLINGS, CROWS, AND BLACKBIRDS:
No Bag Limit â€" Daylight Hours Only No Closed Season
______________________________________________________________________________________
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

nastygunz

At least one state has the sackage to tell the feds to shove it up their stupid treaty-hole  :yoyo:

Silencer

Bout every time I'm out crow hunting a hawk swings by and screws everything up cuz they chase after him so I bet it'd work wonders.