• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Stabilized Boxelder and acrylic

Started by superdirt, August 22, 2010, 11:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superdirt

This is the type of call that I do most of the time........

David

John_NY

I think  that's my favorite call that you have made.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

superdirt

It's been growing on me too! Just didn't know about the yellow....thought I was going to have to throw the stuff away! :nono:

David

centerfire_223

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

First off, welcome to FnF.  This is a really nice looking call and so is the other one that you posted.  I checked out your site and it looks like you have been making calls for awhile.  How about a little of your history?

Jerry

superdirt

Thanks Jerry, I have been making my duck calls for about 2 1/2 years now.....no, maybe it has been 3.... :confused: close enough. Started out with my huntin buddies tinkering around with our cheapo calls just trying to make them sound more consistant and with a better sound. Had a great friend make some calls for us(Bryan at Cypress Slough Calls) and let me watch him turn and tune em. Gave me the bug bad. Always been good at working with my hands. Heck, they are strong enough that I once even tried to stop a running tablesaw with em!! :doh2: ....another whole story...
  Anyway, started turning with my new lathe and soon started trying to make a toneboard by hand with a hacksaw.... :biggrin: learned pretty quick that you need a jig to steady the darn thing. Progressed to a public jig that I quickly modified to what is my single reed as of now. Been playing and making toneboard jigs outta some hickory that I harvested, Which leads me to today. Finally found the sound that I was wanting, and sent off to have a custom jig made by Wade at Webfoot. I have made a couple dozen off of the hickory jig, but is getting tricky-er and tricky-er to duplicate the toneboard because of the uh-ohs! :madd:

All my calls to date have had a custom toneboard in them made by me. Not downing anyone elses preferences, but I didn't want my calls to sound like someone elses calls. All my calls are working calls. From the fanciest to the ugliest. Made to hunt ducks. I have no idea how to make a contest caller or make up a contest routine. Not out of the question for later though! :eyebrownod:
  On a personal note.... I'm happily married to my wife, Crystal, for 3 1/2 years and have 3 wonderful boys to share my calls with.( one more on the way....Due Jan 27) My 12 year old and his uncle just take whatever call they want for themselves...and my twin boys of 19 months personally test them for durability! :iroll:
Guess that I'lll have to add more as I go along to reach my 100 post mark!

David

pitw

Quote from: superdirt on August 23, 2010, 04:20:17 PM

Just follow HaMeR's lead and you'll be there in a flash :laf: :laf:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

superdirt

HaMeR

Quote from: pitw on August 23, 2010, 04:28:03 PM
Quote from: superdirt on August 23, 2010, 04:20:17 PM

Just follow HaMeR's lead and you'll be there in a flash :laf: :laf:.

:confused:

:shrug:

:alscalls: :alscalls:  I aint got no smilie named after me Barry!!  :nofgr:   :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

superdirt

Ok, I give up. Which smilie is named after Barry? Or should I ask?

David

HaMeR

It's not named after Barry David. Just click on the little dude rolling around on his back. >>  :alscalls:

:alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Todd Rahm

You have good eye for detail and material combos, that doesn't give the call the over loaded look.

Nice work!

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

M,Yingling

All your calls you got posted up look very nice  :yoyo: