• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

37.4lb male SouthCarolina

Started by SCcoyotehunter, September 29, 2010, 07:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCcoyotehunter

pitw

Nice pic.   :yoyo:   Story's a mite weak though :iroll:.  Good job on nailing it. :biggrin:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

37 pounds?!...seriously?
Holy crap the thing dont look an ounce over 26 pounds. What'd you do shoot it with 3 cases of lead shot. :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Yotehntr

:yoyo:  Congrats on the successful hunt!  :yoyo:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

coyote101

Way to go.  :yoyo: :yoyo: Congratulations on the coyote.  :congrats: :congrats:

Quote from: pitw on September 29, 2010, 07:15:46 PM
Story's a mite weak though :iroll:

Now about the story......
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

JohnP

Looks like he's got a pretty thin coat.  Is that a coyote coffin you have him in. :doh2:  Congratulations on a good sized coyote.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Silencer

QuoteIs that a coyote coffin you have him in

I was wondering why he has em in a giant litter pan  :biggrin:

John_NY

I bet there was a cat in that litter before the shot.  :alscalls:

Nice coyote. congrats.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

wked

Congrats on the coyote! :highclap: Surely there is story to go along with the pic  :wo:

SCcoyotehunter

The litter pan is for the back of the truck, this way he dont bleed all in my truck and the litter soaks everything up, plus he stunk like  :puke:
I called this one and another into shotgun range but they got downwind of me and bolted. This one ran a great distance before stopping at the top of a hill over 200yds away. One shot to the heart did him in. I called him in using the foxpro with a howl. I shot him with a 22.250 55gr Hornady Vmax.

SCcoyotehunter

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 29, 2010, 08:59:56 PM
37 pounds?!...seriously?
Holy crap the thing dont look an ounce over 26 pounds. What'd you do shoot it with 3 cases of lead shot. :alscalls:
I weighed him with a set of Rapala digital scales, they might be a little off but definately close enough.

Frogman

SCcoyotehunter,

Way to go!  Good shooting!  I prefer detailed stories??  Come on now, tell us all about it!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Carolina Coyote

Way to go David and good shooting. That is a long legged dog.  :highclap:  :congrats: cc

SCcoyotehunter

Hawgmaster and I went out this afternoon to a new place we've been holding for a nice cool day. We set up in a cow pasture about 100 yds apart. The plan was to both howl but Hawg was having some difficulty with his caller. Right before I started calling I was watching two bucks feeding about 300yds away, and one of them was a dandy.
Anyways, I howled twice and out of no where comes two coyotes running from my downwind side and just as they ran over the hill into view they bolted out of view into a low spot in the field. After a minute one of them started up the far hill about 250 yds away and I was able to stop him by barking at him. Pow! Thump! He spun around like 5 times and ran down into the low spot out of sight. I played the KI-Yi for several minutes trying to bring back the other one but was unsuccessful.
When Todd and I went to look for him it was very easy because you could see his wide blood trail from 50yds away. I hit him directly to the heart. Needless to say trailing him was no problem.
SCCH

vvarmitr