• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The down wind side of life.

Started by stevecriner, February 15, 2007, 07:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevecriner

You know there are so many discusions about wind and comfort zones and such. I thought i would put this story up. Well i woke up this morning to the phone ringing and it was Goerdie(crossJ). Like always him and i call each other to see whos going huntin and such. I told him i want going,,,,,well i did.

I set up on a fence row with a pretty good wind from the North,NW and i was facing west. I started with a lil howling and after a few sequences of nothing i went into some yips and then prey a few minutes after. About the fifteen minute mark i look over and a  coyote was sliping down the fence row heading west. I tried to get the camera and gun around before he winded me but couldnt. He picked up to a trott looking back and stopped when he seen me throw in the towel and pop the bipods down. I layed down and dispatched the coyote at about 250 to 300 yrds. If i wouldnt of been watchin that down wind like i ALWAYSdo i wouldnt of shot this coyote. The pic dont do him justice really. He had a white tipped tail and realy nice coat.

" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

FinsnFur

But did he have a WHOLE tail?
Ah nevermind, there's no way it coulda been  :confused:

Nice job Steve...if I dont get something in front of me I might be the only one going fruitless this year.  :madd:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

DirtyDog

Don't fret Jim, I am right there with you so far, but I am trying like heck. Be patient. It will happen.  :yoyo:

CrossJ

Nice! Didn't know I woke you up.
Really like the new pants.LOL
Maintain,Geordie

stevecriner

One of my buddies tought me to wear them!!!lol

Hunters Specialties

Jeb

Congrats and thanks for sharing ! :yoyo:
              Jeb

FinsnFur

Hey, tell me that your not toting a lanyard FULL of Sceery calls.  :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

stevecriner

Hey !!!!Quit pickin my pics apart. HS aint got my box here yet and i got to hunt dont I? Sheeese!!!!! Al ,told me to make due till i get my stuff,and i can shoot my gun for a lil while :nofgr: longer,lol

Hunters Specialties

Brad H

Make due till you get your stuff? lol What a company man that guy is, eh? :biggrin:

You did just fine no matter what you used.

I'll be expecting a lot more pics of the same after you tear into that big candy store they're sending you.

Brad

keekee

Ah, I see a Kee's Custom tucked away just under the right side...Looks like a Black Bird to me! :eyebrownod:

Great job Steve! Any day hunting is a better day than working!

Brent

Pilgrim