• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Crack pipe scores again....

Started by centerfire_223, November 05, 2010, 04:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

I got called in to work last night so I didn't have to be in this morning till 9:30, so I went out and made 3 quick stands. The first stand was a dud, though it has been a good one so far this year. Been called twice and 4 coyotes called into it.

As I was finishing up that stand I decided to move about 100 yards over the hill and try another stand that I haven't called in a long time. I have never called anything in on this stand before and I don't really like calling it because you have to sit in the middle of a pasture, and the grass is really eat down, as you can tell in the picture.

On each side of this road way there is a thicket. My thoughts for the stand was if a coyote showed up it would pop out of one side of the road, then stop to look things over. That would be my opportunity for the shot, so I lined up my gun on this roadway. You can't tell it in the picture but I am sitting up on a hill and where the woods start is down in a swag.

I started out with the crack pipe and it didn't take but about 45 seconds and I caught movement to my right. A place where I had no idea a coyote would come from. It came running out right into this open pasture. This is where good camo comes in handy. The coyote stopped at about 50 yards to look things over. It knew something was wrong but could get it figured out. Every time the coyote would move I would move my gun a little bit and every time I did that it would stop and look again. I thought I never would get my gun around but I did.

One shot with the .223 and it was bang flop, game over. It turned out to be a small female about 25 pounds with a really black looking back on her.

I am up to 21 stands with 10 coyotes called in and 5 killed. Best season I have ever had so far.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Bills Custom Calls

If you and Weedwalker were in the same place at the same time There wouldn't be a coyote to be found anywhere but within 50 yards of you 2  :laf:

Good Job Ronnie

Thanks for sharing
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

CCP

Good job Ronnie!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo: You are into them coyotes this year. Between you and SCcoyotehunter there wont be any problem Carolina  coyotes before long.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

slagmaker

Congrats on the sucessfull stand.

Loved the pics and the wright up
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Quote from: centerfire_223 on November 05, 2010, 04:18:12 PM
Every time the coyote would move I would move my gun a little bit and every time I did that it would stop and look again. I thought I never would get my gun around but I did.

I woulda had to take a nitro glycerin pill or something setting there going through that. I still get major fur fever.

Awesome job, man you are hauling em in so far and it's not even half way done. :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Jeb

I was wondering how long before your crackpipe would chalk up another kill. Congrats man !
                                Jeb

HaMeR

You aint wasting no time in ridding the neighborhood of those pesky coyotes!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

bambam

coyote101

Way to go Ronnie!  :yoyo: :yoyo: What a way to start the day.  :highclap: :highclap:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

KySongDog

Nice lookin' coyote, Ronnie.   You got the "yote magnet" mojo workin' for sure.   :yoyo:

weedwalker

Way to go Ronnie!!! You're getting a really good season going this year. Keep on stackin 'em up. :yoyo:

vvarmitr

Awesome Ronnie! Keep up the good work.  :congrats:

Dave

Nice pics and great write up.
I heard crack is addictive, now I see why.  :biggrin:

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Bluesman

BAM!!!  My pal is on a roll.  It's like a dream.  Keep sleepin' Ronnie, don't wake up.   :sleep:
Protect our sport.  Act like you got some sense out there so future generations can enjoy hunting too,

JB

Hawks Feather

Way to go!  Sitting in the center of a short grass field would be an extremely difficult place to not be seen, but you got it done.

Jerry