• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

THE GREAT SOUTH PREDATOR & WILD HOG EXTRAVAGANZA 2011

Started by sos ken, November 13, 2010, 08:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmie in Ky

Sorry Ken, You don't know all the back stories but I am sure you can guess as to some of them.

This bunch isn't so much into competitions. Except maybe the competition between us and the animals we hunt. Jimmie

pitw

Quote from: Jimmie in Ky on November 17, 2010, 12:52:32 PM
This bunch isn't so much into competitions.   Jimmie

Bogus :confused:.  Me and Al are having an idiot of the year contest and I'm just barely ahead :eyebrow:.  I love competition :biggrin:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Bopeye

Ya know Ken. I may have been too harsh on you and for that I apologize. I guess I need to give you a little reason why I said what I said.
Most the guys on this board have been burned by folks promoting crap that isn't on the up and up.
We also know Glenn Guess and Byron South. They aren't highly thought of by the majority of the regulars here. They are "Paper Champions" in our eyes.

However, I don't know you. You might be a great guy or a crook. I don't know. I should have given you the benefit of the doubt, but you did just come in here and started trying to promote something instead of getting to know us. We are a pretty tight bunch and welcome anyone, but we watch out for each other too.
You are more than welcome as far as I am concerned, but now at least you know how suspicious we are of folks pushing products and such.

Once again, I apologize for my earlier post. It may have been undeserved.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

sos ken

No Problem Bopeye and no need for apologies.      I am a straight up guy.  As far as the seminar speakers that you all have mentioned they happen to come along as a package with 2 of my biggest sponsors.  I am sure that there will be other presenters that you guys probably dont care for but you are all welcome to speak your opinions. I am also good with that. I really try not to read into these forums that much anyway but was surprised at the immediate BASH! on me not really knowing who I am. The Southeast is starving for an event like this and I hope to deliver a really good show.  Predator hunting is rapidly growing down here by the day and we hope to have a good time. It may crash and burn only time will tell. Thanks for taking the time to think through your comment and post.  ... Hey man Im all good here.  SOS KEN

KySongDog

Quote from: sos ken on November 17, 2010, 08:43:02 PM
As far as the seminar speakers that you all have mentioned they happen to come along as a package with 2 of my biggest sponsors. 

At least you admit you didn't pick those guys on purpose.   Money talks, and that I can understand.  Its always about money.   

weedwalker

I can see where there's money to be made by promoting predator hunting. But in my opinion it'll just hurt us hunters in the long run. When the popularity of it rises it'll be just like bass fishin' or deer huntin'. We'll have to lease land to hunt and it's gonna get expensive.

Jimmie in Ky

I do wish you well in your endeavor Ken. I can just imagine how hard it would be to find a local to speak at your event. Much less get sponsors down there. Your timing will be the imoportant part. Deer season has to be out of the way, those hunters will be your target audience for teh most part.    Jimmie

FinsnFur

We got a blind guy that can shoot the head off a match at 500 yards, and drag a deer with one broken leg,  that could make a good impression at the show.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

I see you went back and edited your post, Ken.   I was hoping to learn who the "good guy" was at FnF that you had reservations about.   Don't be afraid to say what you think.  We aren't.   :nono:

Bopeye

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 18, 2010, 05:36:04 AM
We got a blind guy that can shoot the head off a match at 500 yards, and drag a deer with one broken leg,  that could make a good impression at the show.

Make a good impression!!!???  :doh2:

Superman, Spiderman, The Incredible Hulk and a bunch of other bad boys are already headed to West Virginny just to shake his hand. The Man, The Myth, The Legend.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

sos ken

Hey River Runner:
Send me the Blind guy with the broken leg.  We will find a place for him.  We will even assist getting him up on stage.