• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

November Coyote

Started by SCcoyotehunter, November 18, 2010, 05:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCcoyotehunter

I have a farmer that has been adament about killing ALL his coyotes. I shot this one this morning with me dead deer carcass call. Now I don't normally hunt like this but since he has requested it, we have set up a bait pile and have been chacking in every morning this week. This morning this big female was still eating her nibbles at daylight. Too bad i had just zeroed in the Ol' 22.250 earlier this week. 219yds, ran 40 yds. straight through the boiler room.

I would like to express again, I normally don't hunt over bait. I don't think it is very sporting but in under these circumstances.....
SCCH

pitw

When the landowner wants them gone then all bets are off and you done good. ;yes;
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

I aint too proud too say I'd never hunt over bait. :nono:
Nice looking coyote :yoyo:  Is she heavy or do you have to take a poop? :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyotehunter_1

Good looking coyote!!!  :congrats:

Bait?

Does a few cooked bacon strips (slipped into my unsuspecting hunting partner's coat pocket) count? Sometimes, for a little added enticement, I might even hide a pork chop or three in his day pack.  :wink:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Bills Custom Calls

Quote from: coyotehunter_1 on November 18, 2010, 06:15:50 PM
Good looking coyote!!!  :congrats:

Bait?

Does a few cooked bacon strips (slipped into my unsuspecting hunting partner's coat pocket) count? Sometimes, for a little added enticement, I might even hide a pork chop or three in his day pack.  :wink:

Chet are talking about the hunting partner you came to the LBL with last year

If so I am pretty sure the Bacon or the pork chops would never make it to the first stand

That feller likes to eat  :alscalls: :alscalls:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Carolina Coyote

Way to go David, at least she did not die of starvation.  :yoyo:  :yoyo: cc

coyotehunter_1

Quote from: Bills Custom Calls on November 18, 2010, 06:21:05 PM

Chet are talking about the hunting partner you came to the LBL with last year

Bill, I ain't saying. :innocentwhistle:

:wink:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Bopeye

Same guy.......and yes Bill you have me nailed. My sniffer can smell out a snicker bar in my truck and me still in the house.  :wink:
You know the bacon and pork chops don't have a chance that close.  :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Jimmie in Ky

If it takes it I will set up an ambush for one. So don't get to bothered about bait hunting. We aren't that close tp being purist about killing coyotes. And making a landowner happy is what counts most of all. Jimmie

Timberking

I hear ya SCcoyotehunter!! I hate bait hunting  there's soooooooo many people up here hunting coyotes over bait that you don't SEE any roadkills during the winter months  :alscalls:  NO KIDDING.  BUT your in a different situatuion  :biggrin: and when the landowner wants em gone you gotta do what you gotta do  :congrats:  Good job on taking out the fawn killer  :yoyo: keep up the good work.
Timberking,

slagmaker

I will hunt over a gut pile as quick as hunting over and open field. Coyotes are opportunists, so am I and a gut pile gives me a great opportunity :eyebrow:
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

SCcoyotehunter

So far these coyotes in one week have eaten two dead deer carcasses and a still born calf. There are definatly more. We'll get'em. What I need right now is another road kill. I'm down to a back bone and hind legs. :puke:
SCCH

5 SHOTS

Took them a week? Around here they will clean up a horse or cow in 2 or 3 days if nobody bothers them. They don't give a person much chance to find the bait before it's gone.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

vvarmitr

Well, if ya think hunting over bait is to easy try hopping on one foot going to your stand next time.  :shrug:

The farmer wants 'em all gone?  :huh:
:alscalls:  :alscalls:  :alscalls:

From what I've seen; once coyotes set up a territory there are always others waiting to replace the ones you removed. You'll be shooting there for a while unless the farmer thinks you aren't doing your job.  :doh2:

WTG SCCH Get 'em all!  :wink:

Frogman

WTG!!  219 yards!  That's good shooting!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

SCcoyotehunter

Quote from: vvarmitr on November 21, 2010, 08:00:01 AM
Well, if ya think hunting over bait is to easy try hopping on one foot going to your stand next time.  :shrug:

The farmer wants 'em all gone?  :huh:
:alscalls:  :alscalls:  :alscalls:

From what I've seen; once coyotes set up a territory there are always others waiting to replace the ones you removed. You'll be shooting there for a while unless the farmer thinks you aren't doing your job.  :doh2:

WTG SCCH Get 'em all!  :wink:
Nobody tell my farmer this! :biggrin:

wked

I wouldn't lose any sleep over hunting coyotes like that!  Good shootin'!