• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Picture from bait pile

Started by SCcoyotehunter, November 28, 2010, 10:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCcoyotehunter

My camera took this picture last night. I have shot one coyote from this location already and i think they are wising up. They are coming to investigate but not staying for dinner. This is the 3rd deer carcass and we have been checking it a lot everyday. I may need to move it a little maybe evn just 50 yds. I am sure their are a lot of different scents there from all the birds and other scavangers.
SCCH

alscalls

A trapper friend of mine, uses road kill...... he leaves it like you have this one, for a few days then he drags it to the woods edge and lightly buries it...... as though an animal has done it..... then he sets his coyote sets.
He caught one so far this year doing this..... its only been about a week..... I thought it was interesting. :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Roundman

It looks like it's tied down. Is it?

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

John_NY

I hope ya get em soon so I can see better pictures.

John
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

SCcoyotehunter

Quote from: Roundman on November 28, 2010, 05:49:20 PM
It looks like it's tied down. Is it?
Yes, I stake it to the ground because the coyotes will just pull it to the treeline. I want it in the open where I can make a clean shot.

There are two coyotes and the one that is broadside looks like a big one.
SCCH

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

msmith

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 28, 2010, 05:57:29 PM
I'm seeing two coyotes too  :wink:

I'm seeing two too.

I tried the bait pile bit too. I used carcasses from deer I had killed, the meat scraps, and hides. All I got pics of were deer, a turkey, squirrels, and a couple of hawks. Yes, coyotes frequent that immediate area.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI

CCP

SCCH you ever have problems with the buzzards eating them up quick with them lying on the ground?? Alot of guys I have known that bait tie them up on the side of a tree a few feet off the ground.

Thanks for the pic and keep us update with more pic's and progress.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

SCcoyotehunter

Quote from: CCP on December 01, 2010, 06:06:53 PM
SCCH you ever have problems with the buzzards eating them up quick with them lying on the ground?? Alot of guys I have known that bait tie them up on the side of a tree a few feet off the ground.

Thanks for the pic and keep us update with more pic's and progress.
Honestly, the whole baiting this is kind of new to me and is not really my style. but to answer your question, I have had several buzzard photos, which I am not really concerned about. I think this probably draws a little attention to the coyotes.
I may try tying them up next time.
SCCH

CCP

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

markTNhunter

SCcoyotehunter

Quote from: CCP on December 11, 2010, 01:27:08 PM
Here is an example.

Buzzard thread

Got to love the turkey struttin in the background!
SCCH

FinsnFur

Yeah the turkey pimping his "G Dog" is hilarious  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

They say turkeys don't smell very well and I believe it.