• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Speaking of Latex Howlers

Started by BigB, January 10, 2011, 09:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigB

hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Jeb

Never heard of him but sure reminds me of a Custom Kee howler for sure.

bigben

Thanks for the name of the call maker.  I knew someone else was making them.  the biggest problem is the horn is too long and it sounds like a elk bugle rather then a coyote howl.  if someone would buy one and cut the horn down they would have a dang nice sounding howler. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

CCP

They look to be cheaper in cost than most I have seen.

I don't think any will ever compare to the ones Rich Higgins made.

My buffalo horn breaks off from time to time and I have to re-glue it. If it ever gets lost or meets some tragic demise I will beg BigBen to make me a replacement.. Or is BigB going to start making some?????????????????????

I was typing as Ben was posting.

Ben you are correct the horn on that guys E.L.K. howler is way to long..
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bopeye

Holy Smokes!!! That fella pulled that horn from a extra long Texas Longhorn!!!  :sad3:

I agree with Ben. Cut it down at least in half and you'd have a good howler.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

HuntnCarve

Quote from: CCP on January 11, 2011, 06:32:03 AM

I don't think any will ever compare to the ones Rich Higgins made.

I turned Kee down years back when he asked me to do some collaboration howlers with him.  Looking back on it now, it probably was a project I should have accepted?   :wo:

CCP

Dave you need to re-visit making these.. I am sure you could sell quiet a few.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

pitw

Quote from: CCP on January 11, 2011, 08:03:30 AM
Dave you need to re-visit making these.. I am sure you could sell quiet a few.

At least one  :wink:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

nor-cal yote

+ 1  :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: I have the latex howler but would like it customized
never yell whoa in a horse race

Todd Rahm

The only STO I knew of was Steve Taylor Outdoors. He's been around a long while, but not sure if ts the same guy as names an logos bleed over or around a bit these days.

BigB

I've never used a latex howler, so there's no way I'd start making them.  I too was eyeing a Kee howler when he used to make them, but never did pull the trigger on getting one.  I'm kicking myself now for not getting one.  :madd:

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech