• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Some snow stands

Started by Frogman, January 18, 2011, 03:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

I really like hunting when there is snow on the ground.  Makes it easier to see critters in the woods.  We have had more snow here in WV this Winter than in the past few winters.  Here are a few photos . . .

I've gotten out some.  Unfortunately no coyotes down??  Just have to keep after them I guess?

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

HaMeR

You weren't setting in your recliner in front of the window in that last pic were you Jim!!  :laf: :laf:

It's good you're getting out tho. Keep after em.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

JohnK

I enjoyed looking at your stands. Will the coyotes come up a steep incline like that pretty good?  I have been looking at some mountain locations and just wondered if they would put out the effort to cross the drainage and come up the slope or would I have to stay kinda on the flats, either on the top or in the bottom.  If I can position on the edge like your stands I could see a lot farther. Thanks. (Obviously I’m a flatlander)

Frogman

WV is the opposite of "flatlander"!!

Yes they will come up the hills!  They go up them way better than I do!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

iahntr

I'm with ya on the snow. I got out this last Saturday morning
for the first time ("officially") callin this year. Good snow cover,
it started snowin some more, nice big flakes comin down slowly,
I had no takers either, but it was great to be out in it.
Scott

kyfuzzyface

Thanks for sharing the pictures Frogman. Enjoyed them
Fuzzy

vvarmitr

Thanks for the pix Jim
I sure love being in the woods when it's snowing.
I was deer hunting our last day of ML season & it was a putten-er-down! Just beautiful. Figured I wasn't going to sneak up on any deer & I'd go get my camera to get some pix for here. Wouldn't ya know a doe showed & ruined my picture venture.  :madd:
:laf:

Jeb