• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Cuple while feeding...

Started by Smith, February 07, 2007, 11:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

Actually I have shot several from the road already(15) but these are the first 2 shot while feeding our cows. My wife and I ranch in eastern MT have around 475 mother cows, I usaully start feeding in January but the winter has been real mild so I didn't start hauling them hay till it got cold and snowy. I put about 150 miles a day on my pickup on rough oilfield graveled road. Half of those miles I have a ton and a half of feed on board. My pickup gets used like no other. Thats why the wife and I run Dodges  :highclap: :laf:  !

Anyway, I see coyotes alot, while I am feeding. When my boy or my daughter are not in school they spot for me, they helped me kill 16 last year.

The first picture  Is my office view  :laf: :confused:

The next pic is of the first coyote I killed today, It just stood there while I got out and shot  :confused: :shrug: . The .204 layed her to rest :nono:. It left quit a exit hole about the size of an apple, this is the first pelt damage I have had with the gun

The next picture is with both of them. The second one I shot at about 250 yards(one on right). He was out there making a pile of poop  :roflmao:, and I ended for him. He had know idea I was there till my bullet hit him :laf: . This guy was old and mangy.

He was problably 4 years old, around there...

Here is his mangy side, even his privates were mangy, The twig and the giggle berries both  :innocentwhistle:. I bet they had to itch all the time :laf:!

I didn't weight them but I am betting that the mangy male weighs around 33lbs and the female 25. Here is one last look at Mr. Mangy...

Hope you guys enjoy

Lucas
Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...

Bills Custom Calls

I must say you have one heck of a veiw from your office. That mangey mutt had to be very cold.Way to go good shooting!!

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

KySongDog

Great pics.  You did Mr. Mangy a favor for sure!   :congrats:

Can't say much for your choice in trucks though.  :roflmao:  Bowties rule!  :roflmao:   :roflmao:

stevecriner

The only thing i see wrong is this!!!     
Quote[Thats why the wife and I run Dodges /quote]
" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

FinsnFur

You got it made Smith. Not many of us can go to work and shoot right out of the office windows if we need to.  :nono:
I guess not many of us can take a rifle to the office either.  :laf:

Nice post  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Brad H

Cool pics! looks like mange is 40 to 50% around here. They ought to be checking in to your barn soon if the weather stays cold.

You could probably lose the Dodges if you'd stop doing heavy work and driving on bad roads. :eyebrownod:

Brad

frosty

nice shootin.  But wHAt the heck are you doing with those Herefords. Haven't you ever heard of CAB.