• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Ain't laughed this hard in a while.

Started by pitw, January 25, 2011, 09:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

It starts to get light here earlier now than a month ago, so while the boy's were eating breakfast at 7:15am I went outside to just have a smoke and enjoy the morning.  With the lights on in the house you can't see out but once outside I saw we had a visitor at the bait pile[they were singing just outside the chicken pen at 10pm].  I came back in the house and started turning lights off which always makes everyone look to the North :wink:.  Dog dropper took off like a turpentined dog for the basement and by the sounds of it I'd say rolling was a better way of describing it than running :biggrin:.  Donny, mom and I watched through the front room window as the hunter made the coyote nervous but it remained firm in it's conviction to clean up the elk scraps :whew:.  Bang and flop is the best way of describing the incident but what happened next was the most interesting.  The dropper came upstairs rubbing his eye, cussing and asking if he had hit it :alscalls:.  Seems all he got to see was muzzle flash and stars  :laugh2: :alscalls:  :laugh2: :alscalls: as he got bit by the scope :hahaha:.  .

coyote is on the right side.
  Like I've said all along it's pretty easy up here to get a coyote :wink:
I say what I think not think what I say.

golfertrout

coyote101

Way to go Bob.  :yoyo: :yoyo: I remember the first time a scope popped me in the eye.  :argh: :argh:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

weedwalker

Nice shootin' Bob. :congrats: Even if you didn't see it. :eyebrownod:
And Barry, I see that you DO know what turpentine is used for. :laf:

KySongDog

Try that scope-in-the-eye trick with a 30-06, dogdropper.   :nono:   You learn real quick not to put the butt of the gun on your bicep but to get it in your shoulder.   :eyebrownod:  Don't ask me how I know that.   :alscalls:

Congrats on the coyote!

Hawks Feather

Yep, like has been said, congrats on the coyote and you will remember not to get too close the next time.

Jerry

FinsnFur

:alscalls: Did I get it?  :laf:

Poor kid. Now take a picture of his new shiner for us :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

I can't cause I had to leave and come up to Edmonton where I'm still at. :sad:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hidehunter

Lol hate to hear about the eye but good job on the yote.
Denver                                           

Palegroe

I'm a memeber of that club 7mm Mag by the time my buddy quit laughin he couldn't figure out who was bleeding worse me or the deer.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with Him.  Rev 6:8

Okanagan

Great story!  It does bring back some good laughs, of buddies with blood dripping down from a crescent cut above the eye.  You start to congratulate them on the shot on a bear, etc. but burst out laughing when they turn their face to you.

Your boys are growing up in a wonderful place, to be able to shoot from the house like that. 

dog dropper

Thanks for the congrats guys, it always feels good when you get a coyote. When I went out this evening to bring it in from the bait pile I found out that it was rather heavy and must have been pigging out on it's final meal before the one man firing squad came to the window.  :laf: My eye is only slightly red and bruised, no blood :whew: so it's all good. i will get a picture for you guys cause it's kinda dark out right now. And thanks again for the comments.
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!!!

HaMeR

:confused:  Won't Dad let you in the house where there's enough light to take a pic of that eyeball DD??  :laf: :laf:

Congratulations on the coyote.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Quote from: pitw on January 25, 2011, 07:49:00 PM
I can't cause I had to leave and come up to Edmonton where I'm still at. :sad:

Whats in Edmonton? Is this where the ram pasture is? :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Dogdropper, you lived up to your name!  You are in good company, some fine hunters who have done the same!

This Fall, my grandson shot his first deer, and cut his nose enough to bleed.  He had leaned over a rounded rest and crawled up on the stock enough for the scope to nick the bridge of his nose.  A long time hunting friend of our family was with us, and both of us adults started congratulating him when he turned toward us from facing the buck.  A trickle of blood was running down his nose and both of us older men instantly knew what had happened and we started laughing and congratulating him at the same time.  I got a pic before he could wipe it off, to razz him with in fun.  (Would show it but don't like to put personal pics on the 'net.)  For a couple of minutes he was kind of in that proud but a little  sheepish mode, all all proud by the time we walked 50 yards to the buck.

dog dropper

Here is the picture of the coyote.

It weighed around 28lbs.

There ain't much for a picture of my eye now that it's healed now, sorry.
Great story Okanagan!! Ya the pain isn't enough to drown out the happiness.
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!!!

HaMeR

That is a darn nice looking coyote DD!! You furring it out??

:hahaha: Is that Barry's step ladder to reach the top 2 cabinets??  :laugh2: :laugh2:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

Nice !  :yoyo:

gotta get me some of that Canadian camo !  :eyebrow:
Scott