• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Some Wildlife Photos

Started by Tikaani, February 05, 2011, 11:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

Slow day up here, was rooting through disks and computer and found some pictures I am pretty sure I have not posted since they were not stored in my Photobucket account.  So for something to do this evening as I sit next to the woodstove I'll post them, hope you guys enjoy them.

John

Trumpeter swans, they show up every year at a small wetland a few miles from our house.

Nice cow moose.

Nice bull, maybe 50"

Musk Ox north of the Brooks Range, if I remember near a place called Franklin Bluffs.

Wolf, on an old trap line several years ago.
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

FinsnFur

That Musk Ox is an oddity all it's own isnt it. Kinda cool looking and with his own little funk going on  :laf:

The wolf?....well he's eyeballing you :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

Those are all some cool photos.  Thanks John!

Dave

Hawks Feather

Neat pictures.  Is there a season on Musk Ox?  The Cabela's in Dundee has an exhibit with about 8 adults and a couple of young.  Interesting looking animal.

Jerry

Tikaani

Jerry, there is a season for musk ox but it is by lottery, I also hesitate to call it hunting since you basically walk up and shoot it.  Getting to them and the cold would be the difficult part. 
Jim, they are a weird looking animal, they are also more closely related to goats and sheep than to oxen.
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Okanagan

Great photos!  Thanks for posting.  The musk ox is a rare one, hard to imagine seeing one in the wild.

iahntr

Scott

Hidehunter

Awesome Pics.  Really enjoyed them.
Denver                                           

pitw

What a cool bunch of pics John  :bowingsmilie:.  Never saw a wild musk ox in my life but a fellow down south of me has three and I can tell you I spent a few hours just watching them in the pasture and I can also tell you I never jumped the fence for a closer look :nono:.  The swans we see are Whistlers and not as big as your Trumpeters by the looks of it.  Just wondering what it takes for a moose not to be nice :confused:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

Great pics as usual and I especially liked that bull moose.  Can ya stick him in a corral till I can get up there again?   :laf: