• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

just my dang luck 3 days after Bobcat closes and look

Started by markTNhunter, February 03, 2011, 06:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markTNhunter

this was stand #4 of the day i was calling a hardwood ridge where 4 logging roads come together i started out with a long howl then waited about 5-6 min. made another waited and watched for another 5 -6 min. then i picket up my syco tweety and made some bird distress calls for about 15-20 seconds and about 30 -45 seconds later this big cat pops out of the woods on to the road and just my luck bobcat seson closed 3 days  :nono: it was very timpting  :eyebrownod: but i had rembered my camera and i eased it out of coat pocket snaped a few pics.these picture ant to good im not the best camera man in the world and dont have a very good camera

img]   img]

img]  img]

FinsnFur

:eyebrownod: Yeah those pictures are a L of a lot better then what I would have come home with. :biggrin:

I'm surprised you were able to get them, or even thought to take them. Thats awesome, and thanks for sharing them :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Them pics are great.  I can't over how little grass is growing in your bush.  Thanks.
I say what I think not think what I say.

iahntr

Scott

vvarmitr

Since ya had the camera out why didn't ya try calling him closer?  :eyebrow:

Maybe ya could of got a pix of it in mid air just before it pounced on ya.  :shock2:
:alscalls:

markTNhunter

:laf: VV i never thought of that i should have if i would of just sit there and not fooled with the camera it would of came right to me no telling how close it busted me try to get it in the view finder!should have tryed some lip sqecks and seen what happend.i didnt realy spook that bad i dont think it ever figured me out it just kinda eased off over the hill, when it got out of sight i packed my stuff and left ill be back to that spot next winter when seson is open  :eyebrow:

Hidehunter

Denver                                           

Tikaani

Great pictures, always have your camera ready, never know what will appear.  I don't want to side track this thread but....

Quote from: pitw on February 03, 2011, 07:00:12 PM
  how little grass is growing in your bush.  Thanks.

That just sounds wrong Barry :alscalls: :alscalls:
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bambam

Good pics, don't see them in the open like that very often.

nastygunz

Great pix....woulda had a good shot if it was season   :yoyo:

Biscuit

riverboss

Great pics Lineman Steve called 2 in last night just before dark i had to sit there at 15 yrds trying to get my camera out and got busted i will be back there next year early in the season to try my luck also.

titansfan2104

Mark, I noticed the"tn" in your name , assuming you were hunting in Tennessee and not on any wma, bobcat season doesn't close till Feb 28. Unless this story is from last march???

markTNhunter

Titansfan2104 i live in tennessee im about 10 min. from the kentucky line so i hunt both states on this hunt i was on the KY side and bobcat seson closes there Jan. 31.but if i would have been hunting in TN you wouldnt have seen these pics. they would be of me holding that cat by the hind legs :eyebrownod:

markTNhunter

i need to change my screen name to TN,KYhunter can i do that jim :shrug: :laf:

Frogman

Great story and pictures.  If you cant shoot him with the gun, shoot him with the camera!!  WTG!!  Good shooting!!

Jim 
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

titansfan2104

Quote from: markTNhunter on February 07, 2011, 12:16:15 PM
Titansfan2104 i live in tennessee im about 10 min. from the kentucky line so i hunt both states on this hunt i was on the KY side and bobcat seson closes there Jan. 31.but if i would have been hunting in TN you wouldnt have seen these pics. they would be of me holding that cat by the hind legs :eyebrownod:
I was thinking that might be the case...lol

coyotecontrol

WELL NOW YOU KNOW WHAT AND WHERE TO GO NEXT SEASON. THATS TO BAD THANKS FOR SHARING

eleaf

Nice shot.

Just not the right kind!

:laf:

You'll get him.