• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

a couple antler distress

Started by John_NY, February 04, 2011, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_NY

I ran out of antler 2 or 3 months ago. I just finally got a few pieces and had time to turn a couple. These will be going to Illinois along with 6 others as soon as I get them finished.

John

Antler with a black walnut mouth piece. Voiced in brass cottontail.

antler with a stained shedua mouth piece. voiced in stainless double reed cottontail.

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

iahntr

Scott

Hawks Feather

John,

I had to look up shedua.  I hadn't noticed that wood before.  Looks like it has some nice qualities, not the least of which is the color.  Nice looking calls.

Jerry

John_NY

Thanks fellas. Herry I hate sanding the stuff. No matter how much you sand it has little pits in it. So I stain it and it fills the pits in black and I like the look so now I don't mind using it.  :alscalls: 

John

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

John_NY

Finally got 2 more done up. Only 2  more distress and 2 grunt calls and I'll have the order finished.

John

Antler/shedua

antler/shedua

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!