• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Spring eh.

Started by pitw, March 23, 2011, 10:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Wind is howling, snow is moving and I just got back from driving into get some carrots from Mandy for stew.  Bob came with the shovel and after an hour of shoveling my buddy showed up with his tractor :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:.  Absolutely insane to be out there :doh2:.  16F
I say what I think not think what I say.

pitw

No school for the boys again today as the bus's are not running due to icy and snow drifted roads. :madd:  The pictures of peach trees, flowers and green is much appreciated :bowingsmilie:.  I can hear the train clear as a bell from ten miles away so the weather is going to change again. :doh2:.

slagmaker

Middle to the end of last week we had temps in the 70's and lots of sunshine. Saturday night brought 2 inches of snow and lots of wind. It is now 35*F and sunny.

While it was warm I went out for a walk in my woods and didnt see a single mayapple or jack-in-the-pulpit. I told my daughter we were gona have one more snow before ol man winter said goodnight. She looked at me like I was in the final stages of dementia and said no way spring has sprung. Sunday morning she didnt think it was funny sweeping the porch in the snow. BUT the easter lillys are a bloming and so are the little blue flowers that are growing in there with them. The tulips are a growing and getting ready to do there thing and the maples are a buding as well as the boston pear tree in my front yard.

Yepers spring is comming to South central Indiana.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FOsteology

Spring....... :alscalls:

Heck, SUMMER is practically knocking on the South Central Texas door!

slagmaker

Yeah but I figure Thats south central Texas. ............ :alscalls: :alscalls:
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

pitw

The gophers think it's spring :iroll:.  Little varmints are up on the snow getting something to eat.  Took the boys out and the wind was blowing 15mph with 24F temps.  They shot maybe 35 gophers but wouldn't go through the hip deep snow to get you guys a hero pic :alscalls:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

The hardier flowers are trying to push up, here in S.E. PA, but the cold temperatures are sure hampering the process.  They're calling for a "wintery mix" tomorrow into Thursday morning.  Wish I could be shooting gophers!  LOL!  The Honey Holes are still inactive. :shrug:  Though I have seen a few pasture pigs out and about across the county.  I'm starting to take notice of my reloading bench in the meantime.  So it won't be long before some developmental hog loads are tested. :wink:

Dave

msmith

Hey Slag! You ever eat those Jack-in-the-Pulpit, aka, Indian Turnip? Tried them once when I was a kid.
Mike

MONTANI SEMPER LIBERI