• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Day 13

Started by nor-cal yote, September 01, 2011, 01:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nor-cal yote

Well I am on day 13 on the hole in the wall fire. The assignment has been pretty good so far, had the smoke column collapse on day 7 when a thunder cell moved over the top of it. It sent the fire in all directions. Pretty exciting for awhile.We are north of Cody Wyoming, about 40 or 50 miles. Its a little slow today we are socked in with clouds. Fire activity is next to nothing, they are waiting for the weather to break, to send us in to put out the last remaining smokes.
never yell whoa in a horse race

FinsnFur

I dont know how ya do it :nono:
But I'm glad there's people out there that can take it.
I dont even live out there and I can appreciate what your doing. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nor-cal yote

Thanks Jim, I love my job. It has been hard on the body, gotta have an MRI on the right Knee. Not working on the downhill hikes, feels like gravel under the kneecap. Have been in the truck all day waiting for the weather to clear.
This job let's me travel all over the US and find new places to hunt coyotes.
never yell whoa in a horse race

Hawks Feather

The Wyoming fire must not be news worthy.  I keep seeing the fires in Texas and Arizona.  Maybe there is not the threat of harming illegal immigrants in the Wyoming fire.

Anyway, keep up the good work because I love seeing areas that haven't been torched.

Jerry

JohnP

Nobody can appreciate the devastation and fear these fires cause unless they live in the path of one.  The brave men and women that fight these fires deserve all the credit that we can give them, they are truly brave in heart, mind and soul.

nor-cal yote a tip of the hat to ya.  Hope to buy ya a beer one of these days.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs