• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

dogs from the past

Started by song dog sniper, September 14, 2011, 02:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

song dog sniper

Since this is so much fun, I thought I would practice uploading pics to see if I can get it right this time.

Below is the first double I ever got. This was October of last year taken with my .308. I couldn't take the 22-250 that day because my wife accidentally knocked it over while it was setting up on the bipod in the kitchen floor right as I was getting ready to head out for the hunt.  :argh: Man was I hot. I just couldn't take the chance of the scope being knocked off from the smack it took against the floor. Always good to have a back-up.

Next pic is one month later (almost exactly to the day) at the same farm, from the same exact stand position. My second double. Notice I still hadn't shot the 250 to see how bad the scope was off but the back up plan did a fine job. Oh yeah, these two dogs' final resting place was no more than 20 yards away from the two in the above picture.

Last is probably the biggest dog I ever got. Taken in 2009 and I didn't have my scale with me so I don't know how much he weighed. I missed his partner he was with three times as she ran in big circles not knowing where to go. 

Well, let's see if the pics worked this time.

I forgot to mention in my introduction that I am a central Kentucky boy. I dream of one day trying my hand at the western yotes but my biggest dream of all (besides having my own show on the Outdoor channel  :eyebrownod:) is taking a wolf! Awesomesauce!

FinsnFur

Very nice. :congrats:
Those are some really light colored coyotes. Nice looking pelts.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

Some great pix!   :biggrin:
Do you wish ya had the 308 after not getting the third double?  :wo:
Thanks for sharing them w/ us.  :biggrin:

song dog sniper

maybe i should get another gun and it would be the ticket to my first triple! I'm thinking R-25 in .243.

vvarmitr

Sounds like a good excuse as any to get another gun!  :eyebrow:
:laf:

SCcoyotehunter