• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Me and the Poodlespnkr...

Started by WldWldWest, November 26, 2011, 07:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WldWldWest

Me and the Poodlespnkr (Yotehntr) decided to do a lil deer hunting yesterday and we decided to sit in my big ole "shootin house" so we could discuss his close brush with death while he endured a long and complicated surgery on his Zit :biggrin: After a bit of shooting the breeze and him telling me about the not so white light he witnessed during that 3 minute surgery we saw what looked to be a buck enter the field about 300yds away and after a lils glassing we decided it was defianantly a shooter, we watched it travel about 30 yard on somewhat level ground and like most good bucks I see it must have fell in a deer hole cause  we never saw it again! Brad looked back at the hole in the fence and saw another buck come out and after we glassed it for a bit it looked to be a small buck due to his antler size but this buck was having a really difficult time walking so we decided it had prolly been shot or wounded so I told brad if he gave us a shot we needed to put him down to ease his suffering well, the deer decided to walk down the fence row we were in so I told Brad I wanted to try to shoot him with my pistol since Ive carried it forever but not shot anything with it. As the buck got closer it was apparent that It was an old deer that was on his way down as his antlers were twisted and broken up,

As he got within pistol range I sent one his way a made a good double lung shot on him with the 44mag and he ran about about 120 yards and piled up! After checking him out it looked like the Big un we saw had just whipped his butt! after all my years or hunting and probably 75-100 deer later I couldnt have been any happier with my "Pistol Buck"! As usual I really enjoyed my hunt with Brad as we always seem to have a lil excitement when we hunt together!

Oh and btw...We woulda had it on video but...I'll let the Yotehntr tell that part :innocentwhistle:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

centerfire_223

Good deer, especially with a pistola!
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

coyotehunter_1

Meat in the freezer, nice shot, Doug. :congrats: 

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Yotehntr

:yoyo:  You made a heck of a shot on him Doug!  :yoyo:   Yeah I had my "Droid X" handy and when I saw where Doug was setting up in the shooting house I put the trusty "X" in "vid" mode....  The deer came into site... had Doug in the frame along with the buck... perfect... hit record... it shuts off the video camera.. quick hit video again, this pos shuts down on me 3 times... would've had an awesome video clip if the (wait...have to go take some bp meds)... ok I'm back, pos would work 1/2 the time.  Doug shot and I could actually see the impact... He ran aboutr 120 yards or so,.  got into the woods and the blood trail wasn't hard to follow.  Really wish I could've been posting up a video here though. 
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

coyotehunter_1

No video? Sure Brad, blame it on the camera. :nono:  Now tell us the real story...  you got your loin cloth hung on the barb wire fence again, right. :laf:

Seriously, I'm glad you and Doug were able to get out. 
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

HaMeR

It's cool you two got out together & finally got to spend that quality time together!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

:alscalls: :alscalls:

Nice Buck Doug!! Cool as "L" you got it with the 44Mag too!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Biscuit

coyote101

Congratulations guys, glad you had a successful hunt. I hope to see you both at LBL.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Thats awesome :highclap:
Very nice buck...especially for a pistol shot. :eyebrow:

Now that Yotehntr gave us his version...what really happen to the video part? :wo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

riverboss

Way to go Doug!! And with a handgun at that. :congrats:

FOsteology

With a pistola no less. Congrats!