• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Cougar story - East meets West

Started by Okanagan, December 04, 2011, 07:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Last week in PA, near Valley Forge, I mentioned that my four year old grandson and I made an animal call, tuned for predators.  He is fascinated with mountain lions and that his uncle and I call them, so we did a short calling stand for a lion in a patch of woods near his house.  His mother, my daughter, sent me the following e-mail a few minutes ago:

So the boys and I are outside playing one afternoon and this lady who walks her dog on a regular basis walks by. She is always good about stopping by so the boys can pet her dog.   Here is the following conversation. The setting is our nice, sedate, neighborhood.

Bradford making calling sounds at the dog like he is trying to call an animal: "My grandpa can call mountain lions. We called in a mountain lion when he was here. I like to call in mountain lions.  My uncle has a mountain lion."   
Neighbor lady looks at me:  "He has quite the imagination"
Me:  "Doesn't he though".       

What could I say.  If I told her the truth she wouldn't believe me. :)

FinsnFur

:holdon:

Boy that turned out better then I thought it was gonna   :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

George Ackley

Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

Hawks Feather

That is pretty neat.  I thought she was going to tell about how her dog was being terrorized by a howling animal.

Jerry

coyotehunter_1

Okanagan, reading the title... not quite what I expected.

More like: Here I was, setting in this bar near Valley Forge, when this older lady...   :eyebrow: :biggrin:

I'll bet your grandson had a blast, well done.  :highclap:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

KySongDog