• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Dan Thompson

Started by Todd Rahm, December 31, 2011, 10:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

Daniel Raymond Thompson

Published: Saturday, December 31, 2011 2:06 AM MST
Daniel Raymond “Dan” Thompson, 68, died Dec. 26, 2011.

He was born Sept. 20, 1943, in Niagara Falls, N.Y. A long-time Rawlins resident, he was an avid hunter and shared his passion with people from around the world as a guide and through his development of his namesake predator calls.

He was preceded in death by his wife, Wanda.

He is survived by his daughters Jamie Larson, Estrella Thompson and Ivy (Jason) DeSantis; son, Daniel George (Stacy) Thompson; grandsons Ty and Trey DeSantis and Sean Thompson; and siblings Mary Ann Lewis of Oregon City, Ore., Dave Thompson of Sandy, Ore., Chuck Thompson of Madras, Ore., Les Thompson of North Dakota, Carolyn Wamier of Tennessee, Cindy Ellis of Culver, Ore., Sally Thompson of Madras, Ore., Dinnis Thompson of Gateway, Ore., and Kim Thompson of Pinegrove, Ore.

A memorial service is scheduled for 4 p.m. Tuesday at the United Pentecostal Church in Rawlins. Rostad Mortuary is assisting the family with arrangements.

We'll miss ya Dan. Your a great fella, great call maker and well just down right strait shoot'n. Thanks for being you and what ya have done for the hobby.

FinsnFur

Yep, may he rest in peace.
There's a video of him and his boy Dan Jr on their website. http://danthompsongamecalls.com/
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Coulter

Rest In Peace Mr. Thompson.

BigB

Sad to hear this.  One of my favorite calls that I used before I started making my own, was a Red Desert howler mouthpiece.  It called in a lot of critters for me.  Prayers sent to the family.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Hawks Feather

Thanks Todd, I hadn't seen this.  Prayers for the family.

Jerry